WELLINGTON BOOTS INFO REQUIRED

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

le chameau

I've had both these types and they didn't last as long a a £10 pair of B & Q wellies !! I've tried them from £10 to £100 and none last more than about 6 months. They usualy split across the toe, b

muck boots is what i bought fkn big mistake the soles wore flat inside a year and split apart and theyre like walking on black ice in the field with them not to mention the insid of the heels wore thr

im on my 3rd pair of muck boots, every pair has split within 6 months and there shockingly bad for grip in wet muddy conditions, so its back to aigle for me from now on. boots are fine in dryish weather but are not practical here as the ground has been sodden all summer with at least 1/2 foot or more of water in most field. its far worse now. plus i need them daily and boots just dont get chance to dry out in time for the next outing, something that is not an issue with wellies.

I used to be a devotee of the Muckboot Esk (I think, the one with the good tread) wellingtons. They were warm, they were heavy. But, they have two fatal flaws for the land I walk and hunt here. They split at the seams, expecially back around the heel, I think one split where the toes flex as well. They are rip very easily. one pair got a glancing blow from the deck of the sheep trailer as I was putting it in, went through the boot like a hot knife through butter. I think I had two or three pairs of them so not just giving out about one bad pair.

Now I'm on Dunlop Puroforts, the non safety model, with the red fishy like thing in the sole. They're not the warmest, the grip is worse than the Muckboots, they're lighter than the Muckboots. They have split on me too, where the upper part of the boot joins to the sole. The upper seems tougher than the upper on the Muckboots.

I'm not sure I'd buy either again. I don't want to buy any of the real expensive wellies, even though I spend most of my time in them. I'm odd like that.

I used to be a devotee of the Muckboot Esk (I think, the one with the good tread) wellingtons. They were warm, they were heavy. But, they have two fatal flaws for the land I walk and hunt here. They split at the seams, expecially back around the heel, I think one split where the toes flex as well. They are rip very easily. one pair got a glancing blow from the deck of the sheep trailer as I was putting it in, went through the boot like a hot knife through butter. I think I had two or three pairs of them so not just giving out about one bad pair.

Now I'm on Dunlop Puroforts, the non safety model, with the red fishy like thing in the sole. They're not the warmest, the grip is worse than the Muckboots, they're lighter than the Muckboots. They have split on me too, where the upper part of the boot joins to the sole. The upper seems tougher than the upper on the Muckboots.

I'm not sure I'd buy either again. I don't want to buy any of the real expensive wellies, even though I spend most of my time in them. I'm odd like that.

im the same with cost as i rip the inside calves out of every pair climbing over 3 standed barbed wire fences. and again your correct all 3 pairs of muck boots ive had split were the toes flex on the sides.

http://www.totallywellies.co.uk/ProductDescription.asp?Product=Nora%20Max%20Wellingtons

I virtually live in wellies, especially with the weather we have had recently. Over the years I have tried most makes of welly, including 3 pairs of muckboots.

These new nora wellies are certainly the best I have tried in years. I have only had them for 9 or 10 months but they are still going strong, never had cold feet whilst wearing them and they are pretty comfortable.

Muck Boots

Trent, Esk or Derwent ?

What do folk recommend for General use ?

None of them. As a few have said, the soles wear VERY quickly and become downright dangerous ! They ARE light, warm and comfortable, but don't last and are expensive for what they are. The same things can be bought from the likes of Yorkshire Trading for almost half the price. :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 2

Dunlop purofort steel toecap. Cost around £20 comfortable, good solid sole will last a lot longer than the big names that r pure shite. Tried the muck boots utter pish, comfortable but don't last a Craic. Don't see too many farmers wearing muck boots ! Food for thought.