Ferret Muzzle

you say you dug down to your ferret so does this mean you have a locator. if so why worry about the ferret killing in. just dig it out. you get the ferret out quickly and also get the rabbit. no need for a medieval contraption.

I had the collar on the other jill :whistling:

buy another collar then with your muzzle money.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine are fed on rabbit all year round so very much equate rabbits to food. They often kill down the warrens but dont stay with the dead rabbit. I suspect this has something to do with them not being

you say you dug down to your ferret so does this mean you have a locator. if so why worry about the ferret killing in. just dig it out. you get the ferret out quickly and also get the rabbit. no need

There are other things to consider when talking muzzles & it's not just what the ferret may encounter underground......imagine a ferret that has inadvertently blocked itself in or dropped down a t

you say you dug down to your ferret so does this mean you have a locator. if so why worry about the ferret killing in. just dig it out. you get the ferret out quickly and also get the rabbit. no need for a medieval contraption.

Maybe you should read the entire thread mate before commenting :whistling:

yes just read it. if youve got three collars use them .

Maybe you should read it again :whistling:

On the occasion where i dug down...the rabbit had buried its nose into the stop end and the jill had climbed over and trapped herself. I suspect the same had happened on the 2nd occasion.

How often do you see a muzzle on a dog? I don't see it as a big issue...after all...we keep a wild animal that is used to roaming free locked in a small cage all of its life...a bit hypocritical imho :hmm:

Theres a difference between muzzling a dog, most dog muzzles (basket muzzles, still allow movement of the mouth). With a ferret obviously the muzzle

has to be so tight to keep the mouth closed and prevent it from getting it off.

You might keep yours in small cages, speak for yourself but alot on here keep ferrets in courts my court is about 14ft by 5ft.

My ferrets are kept in a hutch that i made myself which is larger than most i've seen and they're out in the garden every day so they're well looked after. Whether it's a ferret mansion like yours or a more than adequate hutch like mine it's still confining a wild animal but that's not the arguement. And neither is the dog muzzle issue though while on the subject...muzzling a dog takes away it's only form of defence so not much of a difference.

I don't see it as a problem if someone wants to put a suitable muzzle on a ferret for a short period of time while ferreting for rabbits and the muzzle does not clamp the ferrets jaws closed completely...merely restricts the jaws. That was the only point i was making!!!

Yes but when dogs are muzzled they are not being sent into situations where it is relatively likely they are going to have to defend themselves.

Maybe you should read it again :whistling:

Maybe you should stick to feckin airguns !!!!
  • Like 1

hahaha got plenty of opinions anyway, thanks everyone, i have a locator and collar so ill think ill give the muzzle a miss just to be safe, id rather dig down for my ferret than my ferret to get hurt when it cant defend itself or even get killed, :thumbs: no point people fighting to, everyone is entitlled to thier opinion :):signthankspin:

Ferrets aren't wild animals that are used to roaming free....there a domesticated animal & all those that posted about trying muzzles are obviously rank amateurs when it comes to owning & working ferrets...there is absolutely nothing you could say to justify the use of a muzzle of any kind. So buy yourself a good spade and give your ferrets the chance to work unhindered......atb

Ferrets aren't wild animals that are used to roaming free....there a domesticated animal & all those that posted about trying muzzles are obviously rank amateurs when it comes to owning & working ferrets...there is absolutely nothing you could say to justify the use of a muzzle of any kind. So buy yourself a good spade and give your ferrets the chance to work unhindered......atb

So that's it is it??? You have spoken???

Lose a ferret and it will adapt and survive...why? Because it is a wild animal!!!

Not with its mouth tied shut it wont.

mate you need to stick to air guns !

what happenes if the ferret dont come out ? ? ? your gonna leave it there as you said befor yes ? and what happens if its got a muzzle on ? do you really need people to spell it out anymore than it has already ??? i just hope you take the advise on offer here . :rtfm:

There are other things to consider when talking muzzles & it's not just what the ferret may encounter underground......imagine a ferret that has inadvertently blocked itself in or dropped down a tube..under normal circumstances the ferret is safe, its in a warm, dry place and has a food / fluid source available that will allow it to survive until its recovered.......the same ferret if muzzled would be unable to eat or drink & would soon perish.......muzzles are a thing of the past and are of no use to the modern ferreter......Atb

• Like 2

There are other things to consider when talking muzzles & it's not just what the ferret may encounter underground......imagine a ferret that has inadvertently blocked itself in or dropped down a tube..under normal circumstances the ferret is safe, its in a warm, dry place and has a food / fluid source available that will allow it to survive until its recovered.......the same ferret if muzzled would be unable to eat or drink & would soon perish.......muzzles are a thing of the past and are of no use to the modern ferreter......Atb

one has struck the nail on the head :thumbs: