At last, a decent night

Managed to get out with the young dog tonight, We have a real shortage off rabbits round here and the weather has been shit, so it has been difficult to put the game in front of him, which was worrying, but had him out, he had 3 out of 5 runs, although one of them fekin knocked itself cold on a fence post ! :icon_eek: oddest thing I`ve seen in a whie.

Dog was nice to watch though,, he is keen, he has some issues to sort out, like going over fences in persuit, that throws him off a bit, but we`ll get over that, and a failure to retrieve one of the catches, again, some basic work should keep that in check.

Just bloody glad to get out and catch somit though,, :victory:

• Like 4

Well done , I did things a bit different I would get my Norfolk lurcher and put in all training first

She was 14 months [bANNED TEXT] I started lamping

Like mick Douglas told me there's no rush

And over tax her when still young

When we could hunt hares she caught her first 16 months

Y rush in to quick got years of hunting to come

We all do it and this is what did not say ur wrong

Good luck mate

Oh he has had the training, his retreive has been really good, but the rabbit must have been kicking a bit cause it was dead, so I reckon this might be why he spat it out.

Still really pleased with the way he is going though.

Cheers bud

Managed to get out with the young dog tonight, We have a real shortage off rabbits round here and the weather has been shit, so it has been difficult to put the game in front of him, which was worrying, but had him out, he had 3 out of 5 runs, although one of them fekin knocked itself cold on a fence post ! :icon_eek: oddest thing I`ve seen in a whie.

Dog was nice to watch though,, he is keen, he has some issues to sort out, like going over fences in persuit, that throws him off a bit, but we`ll get over that, and a failure to retrieve one of the catches, again, some basic work should keep that in check.

Just bloody glad to get out and catch somit though,, :victory:

Glad you had a decent night,I'm sure you'll get the issues sorted :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yup it`s Jake,, it`s been torture getting rabbits for him, but he is well keen, I`m really pleased and reckon he will do me fine.

12 would be a luxury round here just now,, a real shortage !.

I`ll hit some more places this week, see if I can find a decent spot to go,, have a few ideas

ATB