alpha ferret feed ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not meaning too sound rude DM. But if you cant sort an old rabbit out be it ferret/Snare/Dog you anit much of an hunter in my book. And lets be real honest here worst comes too the worst its £2 for a

I feed my ferrets what i want they get fed what i want to feed them they are good workers and when you say im not a hunter i was doing it why you was still in your nappies lad so dont even try and tel

??? he might be 96 years old for all you know?   Plus, you might have been doing it for years and years........badly!   I don't give a monkeys how long you've been doing anything, you can alway

wish i could feed my lot on 2lb of chicken a week lol and overprocessed full of water and no taste rubbish to boot. mine get livers,hearts and the suchlike but use alpha too especially in the winter as we have been snowed in here before for a week or more and need a handy back up. ferrets seem to prefer alpha to james wellbeloved

Fellahs your getting me wrong here i said if the worst came too the worst. Its only £2 for a bag of chicken out of the shop. Not thats what i feed mine but would if i never had nothing eles too hand...

Ya is all shit full of water or water ever. But IMO FAR better for the stinkers than ANY DRY shitty food thats about and that fellahs is JMO... And the last ill say on this subject each too there feed what ever suits yous

• Like 1

Why dont you compromise,I feed Rabbit in the ferreting Months, and in the Summer when flies are aboot, i feed a complete, or if you are caught short, a wee bit complete is okay.

I get mine from local pet shop, has the same ingredients in the bag, as the well known compete, at half the price.

I think vitalin is probably the best dry but if you can feed your ferrets on an all flesh diet all year round thats great, just

not conveniant for some.

Aslong as your ferrets are happy and healthy thats all that matters and their not fed on bread and milk and wet cat food shite.

Edited by joe14

hi all,

just wondering if anyone feeds alpha ferret feast ? do you have any views on it ? good or bad ?

atb sam .

I used Alpha for mine with no probs.

Kits had it soaked to start them off.

I must admit I did always try to feed flesh but its handy to have a bag about just in case!!!

so what would you do if one of your ferrets wasnt a meat eater, my eldest hob wont eat anything but ox heart, tried him with allsorts but wont eat it, but hes a damn good rabbitter

funny you should say that , i got 2 jills here that dont like meat as they been on bisc ever since they was babys , my mate saved them from the chop and keept them as pets , he never fed them on meat and now they turn there nose up at it .

I think vitalin is probably the best dry but if you can feed your ferrets on an all flesh diet all year round thats great, just

not conveniant for some.

Aslong as your ferrets are happy and healthy thats all that matters and their not fed on bread and milk and wet cat food shite.

Vitalin has been owned by alpha since last year vitalin went bust, used to feed mine on vitalin dam site cheaper than jwb but now feed on alpha as theres not much difference between the 2 just alpha is cheaper £39 for viatlin 15kg or £16 for 10 kg Alpha

not conveniant for some.

Vitalin has been owned by alpha since last year vitalin went bust, used to feed mine on vitalin dam site cheaper than jwb but now feed on alpha as theres not much difference between the 2 just alpha is cheaper £39 for viatlin 15kg or £16 for 10 kg Alpha

What do you mean not much difference and I know alpha also took over vitalin but I would say vitalin is the better one.

Vitalins state what meat is in the food as first ingredient on the bag (fresh chicken, chicken meat meal 43%) Its also uses rice as a filler and alpha uses

wheat.

I feed my ferrets what i want they get fed what i want to feed them they are good workers and when you say im not a hunter i was doing it why you was still in your nappies lad so dont even try and tell me how to hunt fella DM

??? he might be 96 years old for all you know?

Plus, you might have been doing it for years and years........badly! :tongue2:

I don't give a monkeys how long you've been doing anything, you can always learn something off other people. You're a very blinkered and arrogant person if you think otherwise.

Anyway, back to the original question, I used to give mine alpha years ago, but found it a ball ache trying to keep the weight off my hobs, so I switched to James Wellbeloved and had similar issues but not to the same extent.....and in both cases they were getting a very small amount.

Switched to flesh only and issue vanished overnight, ferrets look much better for it aswell. And as far as the expense goes, chicken wings and liver is pennies in Tesco and will feed a couple of ferrets for days.

IMO buying dried food is false economy because all you're doing is paying for a little bit of meat and a load of fillers.

• Like 2