Free Helper Available

I need to learn some more about deer so I am offering my services free of charge. If there is anyone who is a bit immobile or needs help for whatever reason with stalking (carrying/dragging, gralloching etc) and is willing to impart some knowledge to me I will happily help out. I am in St Albans area but can travel. I am often about during the week if it helps.

I am not looking to shoot but I would like to learn more about stalking hence the offer.

After a query about my original post this is what I am about:

I am pretty new to deer stalking and have an FAC conditioned for deer. I can't afford to pay for stalking all the time and I am looking around for some locally to me but we all know that is hard to find. Instead of waiting until I find land (think positive) to learn about it I want to learn more now so I am more confident and competent when I find my own stalking. I recognise that guys who have been stalking for decades have a lot of knowledge to give and if someone is willing to do that I'll happily do the donkey work. The ideal would be someone who is on the edge of giving up because the physical demands are getting on top. That way I can keep them stalking and achieve my objective of learning at the same time. I fear the day I am too infirm to carry on with the things I love so would be delighted to prevent this for someone else.

I am pretty new to deer stalking and have an FAC conditioned for deer. I can't afford to pay for stalking all the time and I am looking around for some locally to me but we all know that is hard to find. Instead of waiting until I find land (think positive) to learn about it I want to learn more now so I am more confident and competent when I find my own stalking. I recognise that guys who have been stalking for decades have a lot of knowledge to give and if someone is willing to do that I'll happily do the donkey work. The ideal would be someone who is on the edge of giving up because the physical demands are getting on top. That way I can keep them stalking and achieve my objective of learning at the same time. I fear the day I am too infirm to carry on with the things I love so would be delighted to prevent this for someone else.

Not local but if you can get your but up to Scotland and are prepared to take part in a Wildlife Habitat improvement program both myself and my Stalking partner will take you out and teach you. both DSC2 qualified stalkers and my partner is also regional assessor for DMQ. Further details can be found in regard to the scheme by clicking on the reticule on my logo.

access the forum page and register and log in you will learn either way.

Cheers

Stu

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have put my name down for the above for next year. gives me two things, a chance to go "home" and some time out in the countryside working and stalking!

Mrs is even keen to come up and get involved and i reckon it would be good for my son to see what outdoor work and fun is like.

Not local but if you can get your but up to Scotland and are prepared to take part in a Wildlife Habitat improvement program both myself and my Stalking partner will take you out and teach you. both DSC2 qualified stalkers and my partner is also regional assessor for DMQ. Further details can be found in regard to the scheme by clicking on the reticule on my logo.

access the forum page and register and log in you will learn either way.

Cheers

Stu

very kind of you sir.......... :big_boss:

I give you an offer to join a scheme in Scotland I cant do any more, the offer is still open.

Thanks. Sorry I think I misunderstood your original post. I looked at the scheme on the website and there were no spaces on it if I was reading correctly. I will have another look today as I would like to take part.

PM now sent.

Edited by TopDown
  • 3 weeks later...

Top down ,i like your attitude,have u had any stalking experience ? i take it you are well versed with gun saftey etc,i mean no slur by that ,just trying to find out where your at with regards to shooting in general.Every one needs a help up at the start, i certainly did , i was lucky to meet a guy Billy Gallant who got me up an running,who is still a great mate 35 years on .I am a down in Sussex i will see what i can do & get you down for a day.