Daughters ferrets

She had two gills one dies of old age, so I gets her a replacement gill so the one remaining was not on its own. Both adults,It's been a weak and there still full on fighting one is living on the bottom tier and the other gill on the 3rd floor.tryed a few different things to get them to get along different terroritory etc.When in a bury they just avoid each other,I'm obviously know ferret expert so ideas welcome?

Edited by searcher

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem, which in years of keeping Ferts has never been a problem.

I have two Jills who hate each other, I tried twice in the Summer, but each time they continued to fight and I had to separate them.

Thinking it could be hormonal i decided to try in the Winter, putting them in with a fresh Rabbit to keep them occupied,but it made no difference.

It would be easier if I could keep them together, thinking of just leaving them together, or just giving up and keeping them separate.

How much damage do you think they could inflict on each other?

i had this problem when i put my 2 jills together i thought the visous fighting would never stop, most nights throughout the night 3-4-5am id have to go out and bang the cage or split them up as the noise they were making fighting was unbelivable lol they wouldnt sleep together either, it took them about 5 weeks, the visious fighting should stop after about 2-3 weeks at most,then theyl just learn to tollerate each other then having the odd scuffle, after a while youl open the sleeping quarters door and find them curled up together, so dont worry its natural atb mate fts