Small mooching spades.

Cheers airgun guy thats what im after. Was going to get a fold up one but the screw cuts your hand when your digging. ATB

A mate has the fold up army type and i didn't like it at all. Handy wee shovel but not for ferreting. I find this 1 ideal :thumbs:

You're using an ancient Army surplus shovel. Mine is an army collapsible. And it has a swivel top, instead of a screw piece to lock it tight. Serated edge on one side makes light work of tree roots that a standard spade wouldn't. I bought mine for 2 quid. Best 2 pounds I ever spent.

Guy who set up Screwfix sold it to B&Q? and then he set up Toolstation who do a similar shovel (plus others) a bit cheaper and they do free next day delivery on orders over £10. And whilst you're at it get a pair of their rubber fronted gloves that have the flouresecent backs which I find perfect for ferreting (clearing away brambles and then putting them down to set nets you won't lose them), and you might as well get a load of their ty-raps as I find these great for legging rabbits without ruining the flesh by hocking with a knife. Hope this helps, Chris.