Gassing moles

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only at the client requests and then it's against my better advice, but at the end of the day they hold the purse strings.   Very very mixed success to the point where I'd say for moles it's shite!

We use nitrous oxide in a liquid form which is poured down the mole runs, it then vapourises and creates a gas which after around five minuets of uncontrolable laughter from the mole, they become unco

aluminium phosphide is only 65% effective, so not to good, can't beat a good old trap    

Only at the client requests and then it's against my better advice, but at the end of the day they hold the purse strings.

Very very mixed success to the point where I'd say for moles it's shite!!

But we all know that.

• Like 1

ive heard of gas being used for moles befor why i dont know

We use nitrous oxide in a liquid form which is poured down the mole runs, it then vapourises and creates a gas which after around five minuets of uncontrolable laughter from the mole, they become unconciuos and quickly die :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

Only at the client requests and then it's against my better advice, but at the end of the day they hold the purse strings.

Very very mixed success to the point where I'd say for moles it's shite!!

But we all know that.

Same here, I really don't like having to use it but some people are naive enough to think the mole just goes to sleep, it's success depends on the soil type you use it in, ie sand/ clay/ loam/ peat, allso depends on moisture levels,traps are much more effective in my mind,
  • Like 1

Speaking to the farmer today someone else is using aluminum phosphide. I told him i use traps. Then he can see for himself moles that are killed.

thats the best way he can see what he is paying for, it also advertises your service when other farmers see them hanging on the fence, I have picked jobs up like that in past and some farmers ask you not to hang them, talunex or phoztoxine you have nothing to show but a big bill,
  • Like 1

Speaking to the farmer today someone else is using aluminum phosphide. I told him i use traps. Then he can see for himself moles that are killed.

You see that's great , the farmer can see the dead mole if he wishes or any client for that matter,,,,,,,,,,,,,however a dead mole doesn't realy mean a lot weather it's 1 ,,, or 1000,,,,,

The real test that the job is finished is the lack of mole hills,,,,nothing else. No mole hils ,, no moles. Simples ;)

I also believe the gas is very infective against moles,,, the gas itself is fecking lethal ,,, no dowt about that,, it's just it's application in a pellet , a d the fact the gas doesn't move far from the actual pellet..

Far better with traps

• Like 1