nice bolt today

had a nice bolt today, me and pocko were on a walk local down a railway banking, when pockos terrier shot in to a run in the thick undergrowth were he stood whining at a hole, i looked in it and it looked like it lead to a hole the other side of the bank. There was a wiff of fox around and my lurcher seemed interested so pocko nipped home while i waited for him to return with spade, locator, collar and gun, this was a spot where a keeper/farmer was telling me there has been a lot of gamebirds missing but hadnt seen many foxes, we also snared a fox about 10 yards away from this earth a few months ago, anyway pocko returned 15 minutes later and we entered his patterdale dog, while pocko waited in the middle of the bank in anticipation of a bolt, within 15 or so seconds out popped a nice dog fox that was cleanly dispatched by pocko from the hole on the opposite side of the bank, this dog has always showed interest in entering but hasnt had the chance, but today he showed us what he can do, and at 10 years old he is showing promise lol, we will be using this dog as a digging dog from now- remember, its never too late to start! IMAG0436.jpg?t=1351424776

• Like 8

I may be wrong but at 10 years old and just entered i wouldnt put much hope of digging to the dog .it'll be an in and out merchant i expect but well done on the bolt anyway .

hes seen a fair bit of game above ground and hasnt backed down, i dont think he would be actually, i think hed mix it

Fox dropper if the dogs keen enough to do ground work and never got the chance that doesnt mean hes in and out dog it means he hasnt been dug to before because it hasnt got the chance but when it did it entered better late than never and hope yous have many more to the old boy

I may be wrong but at 10 years old and just entered i wouldnt put much hope of digging to the dog .it'll be an in and out merchant i expect but well done on the bolt anyway .

He says the dog has always showed signs of entering but never had the chance. I take that to mean the dog has never had a chance at proper work untill now....... So how can you draw the conclusion that it'll be a 5 min wonder?

It's nice when a dog suprises you like that, must say it's usually younger dogs, lol.