pup training

Hi i had the same thing with my kellpi x greyhound he would chase everything but he never bring it back until i started him on rabbits at 12 months old the first one he caught he was strate back with it your dog is only young dont worrie about it he'll come try a dummy with a rabbit skin on it good luck.

i had a deerhound grey a few years ago and i just threw a dummy down a fenced off area in the garden so when he tried to run off with the dummy he had to go past me .I would just catch him and give him a treat when he caught his first rabbit he came back as fast as he went out .Best retreiving lurcher i have ever had and seen come to that.

Get a toy they really like, dont let them see it laying around the house, hide it as a special toy and take it out when you walk, throw it and call it in then engage in a game of tug and war for 10mins so the dog see's you as fun - a burst size 5 football worked for me and she always retrieves it now and shes starting to bring rabbits