English Bull Terriers

2 hours ago, Carlovian said:

well .all I was saying the bull terriers in general ware not good enough ( game enough )  for trials ,, Iam sure size comes into it with Boar hunting , I doubt Bull terriers are any better than Dogos , American Bulldogs , or Pit bulls or bull lurchers at boar hunting , never seen any post a video of one on one, its usually 3-4 dogs on the boar

https://m.(!64.56:886/watch/?v=2607605902851868&_rdr
There’s the odd vid Out there of one dog on pigs.

• Like 1

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Carlovian said:

I don't think so.. but  Wheatens  are  same size as Pit Bulls , so would be no reason they could not have been used

From what little reading I have done it said that in the trials the dog must remain silent is this true Mr Carlovian?

If so I doubt the bulldog (apbt) would have qualified as they aren't silent in the work as a general rule.

6 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I think you will find more dogs that will tackle a boar than you would that would meet a badger face to face. 

Pig hunting comes naturally to most dogs,even my whippets have to be held back if pigs are about for their own safety as they have grabbed pigs before and got dragged through scrub.The same dogs pretend they don't see feral cats when out ferreting,lol.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Carlovian said:

I don't think so.. but  Wheatens  are  same size as Pit Bulls , so would be no reason they could not have been used

A few were tried, noisy and didn’t like to travel.....I believe 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Carlovian said:

‘Woodview Bronagh’ - as you say, note the physique very similar to that of a pit bull, just after a swim.

Capable looking Wheaten.

great great grandparent on Dam’s side English bull ‘red hand of Ulster’

Great grandparent on Sire’s side ‘Border Bess’ trialed 18 out of 18 never lifted.

E52065F8-514F-420B-839C-27D859323FAB.jpeg

• Like 8