English Bull Terriers

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

If any hunters dont post because of me, they must not be much to start with, IMO. If I have prevented a few bullshitters from posting their theories, lies, sales pitches etc...or kept a few name droppers and book regurgitators from posting, well that suits me fine. The WWW is already full of that kind, and I doubt anyone will miss em all that much.

Take care.

That's fine and dandy, but, on this particular thread, no one was posting any lies, or trying to "sell" anything, etc. This was (is for the most part minus the bickering) a productive thread on a specific breed of dog. So what was the point of starying off topic? There wasn't one.

There is just no need to prove whether you work your dogs or not. I hate that it is popular to question folks on it. If your going to spend money on it, sure, question a bit. This lady has been plenty tough and kept her cool better than i did with Doc's shit slinging. I hate that stuff.

As Jawn said and other sources i trust have verified, these questioners hunt. I like their posts from time to time and even agree on occasion. But I stinking can't stand their bullshit questions; acting as if they're trying to prove something. All it is is pissing down someone else's back and ya'll are calling it rain. You all don't breed wonder dogs. I know it. I've worked with dogs off your breeding plans Doc! I know what I'm talking about and you can't call shit on that. I have seen.

Let people breed or say whatever they want. You're not looking to buy and they're not looking to sell. Nothing is proved but that your little club of slanderers is going strong and you can't keep your minds on your own yards. Alot of hunters worth their salt have stopped sharing opinions because you guys jump on em. Stuntman, I like you man but what the hell? I liked Doc too til this time last year. I never paid attention to the BS til then.

I think the lady who's gettin Stuntman and Doc's stink, should be informed that these guys are repeat offenders on this sort of thing and Jawn isn't just jumping them for no reason. They know what they're implying and that it's exactly how it sounds. Don't sugar coat it. Very soon there won't be a dogman that will deal with you fellas.

I kind of figured that after I did some post researching, lol. No worries here. I can dish it right back ;-p For every couple 'gum flappers' around, I have met and conversated with at least a good handfull of really great dog folks that I am glad to have met!

Funny you mention the Airdales....I just saw an ad in Bayed Solid from a fella in Georgia advertising some off of working hog dog stock!

WBT-Now thats the spirit. The WWW is perfect for sorting thru alot of folks to find the ones you would really want to deal with. I have met some real crackers and some real dip shits on the WWW, and most showed me which they were when a disagreement broke out.

Take care.

I hear ya. ;-)

That's a nice bitch! Be good to see your male.

Ask and you shall recieve :) He's my conformational nightmare, but he's bred out the arse to be a bulldog, not a princess. As you can see, 'looks' alone aren't an issue here, unless they hinder performance.

100_0643-1.jpg

100_0487.jpg

This build isn't at all uncommon for inbred Six Bits dogs. They have certain attributes that would lend to putting the breaks on a runner. Probably better lead in catch dogs. Here's one I remember from way back when. He was a solid bulldog. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=13254

I bet Gnasher is right. This over the right EBT might do the trick.

That's a nice bitch! Be good to see your male.

Ask and you shall recieve :) He's my conformational nightmare, but he's bred out the arse to be a bulldog, not a princess. As you can see, 'looks' alone aren't an issue here, unless they hinder performance.

100_0643-1.jpg

100_0487.jpg

This build isn't at all uncommon for inbred Six Bits dogs. They have certain attributes that would lend to putting the breaks on a runner. Probably better lead in catch dogs. Here's one I remember from way back when. He was a solid bulldog. http://www.apbt.onli...ee&dog_id=13254

I bet Gnasher is right. This over the right EBT might do the trick.

Oooooooo-wee.......that boy was a dog! Wish I could have been priveledged enough to have been able to put my hands on him at least once before he passed away! *sigh*

That Yogi x Carla male....he was super intelligent. We'd take him out solo. He'd take off, go do his thing....wind 'em, strike em, catch and hang on till we got there. He was a once in a lifetime dog.

Yeah, my six bits dog, that sucker has a face only amother can love, lmao. He has an extra bottom row of teeth and everything! I gotta get a semen collection off him before he gets much older.

There is just no need to prove whether you work your dogs or not. I hate that it is popular to question folks on it. If your going to spend money on it, sure, question a bit. This lady has been plenty tough and kept her cool better than i did with Doc's shit slinging. I hate that stuff.

As Jawn said and other sources i trust have verified, these questioners hunt. I like their posts from time to time and even agree on occasion. But I stinking can't stand their bullshit questions; acting as if they're trying to prove something. All it is is pissing down someone else's back and ya'll are calling it rain. You all don't breed wonder dogs. I know it. I've worked with dogs off your breeding plans Doc! I know what I'm talking about and you can't call shit on that. I have seen.

Let people breed or say whatever they want. You're not looking to buy and they're not looking to sell. Nothing is proved but that your little club of slanderers is going strong and you can't keep your minds on your own yards. Alot of hunters worth their salt have stopped sharing opinions because you guys jump on em. Stuntman, I like you man but what the hell? I liked Doc too til this time last year. I never paid attention to the BS til then.

I think the lady who's gettin Stuntman and Doc's stink, should be informed that these guys are repeat offenders on this sort of thing and Jawn isn't just jumping them for no reason. They know what they're implying and that it's exactly how it sounds. Dont sugar coat it.Nothing is proved but that your little club of slanderers is going strong and you can't keep your minds on your own yards. Very soon there won't be a dogman that will deal with you fellas.

By the way. I actually hit the limit on how many likes I can put down for a day liking all the pics. Sorry that I am part of ruining a great thread. Everybody likes a different dog and I fully understand the urge to re-glorify a dying working breed. I've spent a time or two contemplating airedales and all. Variety is the spice of life.

Stuntman'll varify. His little den dogs that bolt their quarry are as useful to him as my bigger mixers are to me.

Mosby- You walk in to lawyers office facing a 25 to life bid.... don't you look up at the wall to see his degree? I would. So again when I log onto to this thread that I'm very much interested in but in the same boat as Jawn{ don't own a EBT} and read a few threads from WBT who has as a sig "Home of the Working Bull Terrier", realize she is from the states ......I cant ask her a question? really? Maybe I would be interested in a pup from her, as she stated early on if her male worked out she would breed it to her husband's female. So what "Stink" was I giving her with the questions I was asking Mosby? This is one of the stupidest lines ever I've seen posted "There is just no need to prove whether you work your dogs or not. I hate that it is popular to question folks on it. If your going to spend money on it, sure, question a bit." If its free dont question? wtf is a "bit"? I got news for you mosby this isn't pet forum or show forum its a working terrier forum open for discussion. And i saw signs from WBT that I've seen before that I didn't like.... so I asked her, the same I would expect anyone else would ask me if I was on the WWW in a forum talking dogs and giving my opinion on topics. Your post above is so full of shit its makes me wonder if your operating at full capacity.? " repeat offenders", "They know what they're implying", "Let people breed or say whatever they want"," Dont sugar coat it", But this next one takes the cake- "Nothing is proved but that your little club of slanderers is going strong and you can't keep your minds on your own yards" I don't know if you realized it Mosby but a "slander" is a liar, you called me a liar. That I have a problem with Mosby. So what did I say to her that was slanderous? I'm so sick of pussy's, mama boys, women ,men, internet hunters,hacks and Sandusky supporters that get emotional when questioned about something THEY posted on the WWW. Really wtf? What this is Mosby... is you posted something that probably wasn't well thought out based on just like your post here, got called to the mat and lost the battle of wits, and still crying in your beer over it. So instead of walking around with a chip on your shoulder, make something positive out of it. I value Doc's opinion, so when he says"Stunt try this" or your dog is "no good" I listen because I dont know everything and its always better with a second set of eyes looking at it, you follow?

WBT-"I kind of figured that after I did some post researching," Really? If you found something whip it out.I'd like to read it.And if you consider "gum flappin" the same as asking a question or putting a hunting post up with my own dogs then I'm your huckleberry . Here's some advice, smile next time you take a fair chase hog like that, you look miserable in the picture.

"Mosby- You walk in to lawyers office facing a 25 to life bid.... don't you look up at the wall to see his degree?"

Seriously??!? Those pictures of EBTs must have been pretty traumatic for you.

You saw "signs you didn't like?" Really? So they what...told you to jump in and and start yammering about draw string pants and overweight women???

It appears your instincts are about as off as your sense of entittlement. People don't OWE you an explanation.

Tell me... Do you often accuse people, (that take issue with something you do or say), of supporting child molestors?

"What this is Mosby... is you posted something that probably wasn't well thought out "....I said something about Scott that wasn't well thought out. I shouldn't have accused him of acting like a silly little retard. Not cool.

It appears that you've said some things that really wern't all that well thought out either. I suggest we drop it....This is getting a little old.

Edited by jawn
  • Like 1

Another one I had once upon a time. Boudreaux BooCoo. Sweet liitle bicth.

http://www.apbt.onli...ee&dog_id=95324

She was bred to Clemmon's Yogi and produced well, if memory serves me the dogs off of her and Scar were better.

I wish I had some of this old blood to run under your white dog. But the county put most of it down years ago.

Edited by jawn

Another one I had once upon a time. Boudreaux BooCoo. Sweet liitle bicth.

http://www.apbt.onli...ee&dog_id=95324

She was bred to Clemmon's Yogi and produced well, if memory serves me the dogs off of her and Scar were better.

I wish I had some of this old blood to run under your white dog. But the county put most of it down years ago.

Oh wow.........what a damn shame! It's a sad sad thing....all the raids/seizures over time where innocent dogs were taken and euthed for no solid reason. Hell I wish that dog was still around too! I can't even watch any yard videos of Mr. Floyd's because it's so depressing. So many years of hard work.....dead and gone...just like that. Those people have no idea.

• Like 1

"Mosby- You walk in to lawyers office facing a 25 to life bid.... don't you look up at the wall to see his degree?"

Seriously??!? Those pictures of EBTs must have been pretty traumatic for you.

You saw "signs you didn't like?" Really? So they what...told you to jump in and and start yammering about draw string pants and overweight women???

It appears your instincts are about as off as your sense of entittlement. People don't OWE you an explanation.

Tell me... Do you often accuse people, (that take issue with something you do or say), of supporting child molestors?

"What this is Mosby... is you posted something that probably wasn't well thought out "....I said something about Scott that wasn't well thought out. I shouldn't have accused him of acting like a silly little retard. Not cool.

It appears that you've said some things that really wern't all that well thought out either. I suggest we drop it....This is getting a little old.

JayI its nice that you come to everyone's rescue from the bad man. But i don't need some fat ,non hunting c**t telling me whats what got it? If I want to ask a question about her, her dogs and what she does with them I will.....Because SHE posted on this forum I didn't knock on her front door she came here, follow f**k stick? Was I wrong about her? Like I said I hope so, but I'm not wrong about you so do me a favor and block me here so you don't have put the big "S" chest and come to the rescue of every poor little dog man/woman that YOU perceive gets ass hurt when questioned about something they post.on a open forum. Your a f*****g internet hack, post another 20 peds up of dogs that have never been in a keep or had a tooth in them . But hey LOOK at the way there bred .HA ha, and the only thing that's getting old is your dogs siting on your yard not being hunted.Because taking them for walks don't count.

Man can you take that immature juvenile verbal garbage to a private message? I'm PRETTY sure that this gentleman you are speaking to is aware that people don't need 'rescuing,' as I certainly don't. He's just been stating facts if anything. We are all allowed to speak here, just as you are unfortunately. I've been dealing with 'overly opinionated' 'people' all my life, I don't need anyone to do it for me. You are trashing my thread, so if you don't have anything productive, or at least tasteful to add, please refrain from spewing the verbal assaults here. No body cares for it. MOST everyone else here has managed to get their points and opinions across tactfully and somewhat respectfully, why can't you? You've gone quite overboard expressing your 'opinions' to me, about me and my dogs.....and look....I've managed to keep my cool, and not stoop to your level and start bashing you or your dogs. You should take notes.

Edited by WorkingBullandTerrier
  • Like 2

THAT right there is why I was talking of getting them back to the straighter profiles......when their noses/nostrils are curved DOWNward, they get completely blocked off when they are in hold, making them mouth breathe, which can shorten the time they can stay in hold without turning purple lol. With the straighter profile, their noses/nostrils are not completely blocked off.....

Must admit im not too familiar with the whole hog thing so forgive my ignorance.......i cant quite see how this curved nose thing works i mean i understand the theory but does the dog just grab a hold and hang on ?....does the dog not work the hold ? would he not swap it for a better one ?......surely only if the dog is literally hanging on nose deep in one place without moving will the breathing thing be a factor.

They typically get right in there and grab a hold and hang on. USUALLY they'll grab an ear/side of the head, I have seen hard headed bulldogs grab the face/snout. I don't want a catch dog that 'fights' the hog, I need one that grabs and STAYS in hold, until I break him off. You wouldn't want your catch dog swapping holds if he didn't HAVE to, because when you're getting in there to leg/flip/stick that hog, you don't want your catch dog letting go for even a split second, because that can mean your about to get gored by a angry hog that is now 'loose.' That's why I don't want my BT's head structure to be so exxagerated and curved down as I explained in an earlier post. I want clear air ways so he can breathe easily while in hold. I do have an Am Bull that catches, and we have plenty of APBT's that catch and do the job well....but in this case I admire the determination and drive and intensity of our BT's, therefore they will be used to catch. The more I can do with these dogs the better in my eyes. The ones here don't bark at all when they are sent on game....they go right to it, and that's it. Now if they see game and you are holding them back, they will bark/scream out of frusteration, but once you turn em out, you don't hear anything.

We always found they would go on game and pull and drag(most curs did)but when he started to get a bit of punishment that is when the barking started and they pull back,we classed that showing his colours.I would hate people to think that everything that was crossed with white bulls threw great stuff,a few did most threw stuff that was shite,you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.In my opinion as catch dogs,from the little I understand about catch dogs they will catch and hold.Try him in the shore and his true colours will come to the fore.
  • Like 2

Man can you take that immature juvenile verbal garbage to a private message? I'm PRETTY sure that this gentleman you are speaking to is aware that people don't need 'rescuing,' as I certainly don't. He's just been stating facts if anything. We are all allowed to speak here, just as you are unfortunately. I've been dealing with 'overly opinionated' 'people' all my life, I don't need anyone to do it for me. You are trashing my thread, so if you don't have anything productive, or at least tasteful to add, please refrain from spewing the verbal assaults here. No body cares for it. MOST everyone else here has managed to get their points and opinions across tactfully and somewhat respectfully, why can't you? You've gone quite overboard expressing your 'opinions' to me, about me and my dogs.....and look....I've managed to keep my cool, and not stoop to your level and start bashing you or your dogs. You should take notes.

WTB you have a comprehension problem to? What opinion ? Like fatso Jawn I dont know you so how could I give my opinion about you and your dogs? I said 1st impressions, and impression I've seen 1000 times on the www. I was interested in YOUR POST,YOUR DOGS, THAT YOU POSTED HERE. So I cant ask what the deal was with you and your EBTS? You dont like the way I asked.?I don't have a crystal ball I don't know what you and your family do so I asked. An I'll tell you what you answered me and i left it alone didnt I ? Did I call you FAT? Did I say your dogs are JUNK? No I said what my 1ST IMPRESSION was from your very 1st few post ,you answered me case closed you follow? I suggest you go to your profile and click the downward pointing arrow an click again "Manage Ignore Prefs" and enter my name, just like I did for Jawn and Mosby like you I don't need to read their non-hunting cry baby bullshit anymore. I hope this is black and white enough for you.

Edited by STUNTMAN