English Bull Terriers

**I'd like to ad, for the photo enthusiasts.....we live/hunt in the SWAMP. Not too many folks out here while hog hunting in the very wet muddy swamp/marsh are too concerned with toting expensive cameras with them to get some fun pics. We usually end up with dark fuzzy crap cell phone pics and those never look too good once transferred to the desktop....at least not from mine anyway, haha. I don't have one of those IPhones, and if I did, best believe I wouldn't be taking it out in the marsh.

If we hunted out in wide open dry plain type areas, we'd have many many photo albums full here.

• Like 1

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

Here's another I found of the bitch schooling the pup. Another "piglet" at our buddie's house that we were getting ready to slaughter. ;-D

BTCatch.jpg

Was that pig tethered?

How much room did it have to move around in?

Just that you say " Another "piglet" at our buddie's house that we were getting ready to slaughter. ;-D"

It's hardly hunting if the animal was being kept to kill ..........

• Like 2

jawn-I made the post to her after she made the post complaining about folks not believeing her, without pics. I had seen the pig/pup picture and said "Im hoping to see lots of pics of your EBTs working, just to know that there are still some actually being used" If your gonna get on the WWW you will find folks who agree 100% and those who disagree 100% with whatever you have to say...if you dont have thick skin it may not be the place for you. If you have something to hide, folks will notice and will ask questions. Sometimes the problem with the WWW is you cant hear how the questions are being asked, and some folks dont have real strong reading comprehension, so they can totally misinterpret what was trying to be said. Is there something I told her that you disagree with?

I asked about your best Jagd, (meaning best looking) because I was trying to make the point that just because they all dont look like what we think they should, doesnt mean we cant want them to. Im sure there are things you like when you look at certain Jagds? My thoughts are, looks wont save a poor worker, any more than lack of them will cull a good worker.

As I said, I dont expect the gyp to set the world on fire. I didnt get her as a hunting dog, as I have plenty of those already. She happened to act like she had fire in her belly, so I decided to let her find out how much. I will keep giving her shots, but I will remain pretty skeptical until I have reason not to be. Im not sure how great of shape you think an 8 mo old needs to be in to bite fur, but im all ears if there is an acceptable amount I need to know about.

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

Thanks Gnasher, as requested here's a pic (admittedly not a great one) of him in a slightly leaner condition...

Sonny007.jpg

The dog looks like an athlete. My hat's off to the breeder. If he works like he looks it's a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

Here's another I found of the bitch schooling the pup. Another "piglet" at our buddie's house that we were getting ready to slaughter. ;-D

BTCatch.jpg

WBT-You keep tryin to convince folks you hunt, but post pics of "canned" stuff, as well as bulldogs and terriers that look as if they never had a tooth in them. I know folks that hunt in the swamps, bogs, and marshes from East Texas to Georgia and they all have pics. By the looks of that bitches nails I would guess she hadnt been "hunting" in a while. I dont know if you do or dont, but your not making the best case for yourself if you want others to believe you do.

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

BTCatch.jpg

Was that pig tethered?

How much room did it have to move around in?

Just that you say " Another "piglet" at our buddie's house that we were getting ready to slaughter. ;-D"

It's hardly hunting if the animal was being kept to kill ..........

Pig was not tethered, if it were, the dogs would not need to catch him for us. No kidding it wasn't hunting. As I stated, that pig was wild caught on a hunt the day prior. He was in a wide open pen, and the dogs had to catch him for us to grab him to slaughter him, to eat. We don't waste what we hunt here.

Edited by WorkingBullandTerrier

Doc you don't need to justify the way you do things to me. It's your feed your pouring to em. You asked me if all my dogs looked like my best dog, now your telling me that you said

" I asked about your best Jagd, (meaning best looking) because I was trying to make the point that just because they all dont look like what we think they should, doesnt mean we cant want them to."

Since when is your best working dog defined by it's looks? Your contradicting yourself. I agree with the statement that

" looks wont save a poor worker, any more than lack of them will cull a good worker."

So why would you waste time asking about my best jagd (meaning looking) and refer to it as my best?

Have another beer chief and come back when you feel like making sense. You can do better that that.

OBTW those hogs didn't jump the fence to work the dogs.... What makes you feel liike you need to police the internet like some kind of silly little retard being as rude as possible? What do you get out of it?

• Like 2

BTCatch.jpg

WBT-You keep tryin to convince folks you hunt, but post pics of "canned" stuff, as well as bulldogs and terriers that look as if they never had a tooth in them. I know folks that hunt in the swamps, bogs, and marshes from East Texas to Georgia and they all have pics. By the looks of that bitches nails I would guess she hadnt been "hunting" in a while. I dont know if you do or dont, but your not making the best case for yourself if you want others to believe you do.

Take care.

No no. I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything. You speak of reading comprehension.....obviously you lack it as well. First off, no, I was not "complaining" in that one post about people "not believing" me. I made the obvious statement that on OTHER threads, I notcied, that some folks seemed to bust folks' balls over the fact that they did not post working photos. I wasn't boo-hooing because I had the impression that the "WWW" didn't believe me. Believe me man, my skin is as thick as they come. There are overly 'opinionated' people on all forums, especially dog ones for some reason. I participate on these forums to share enthusiasm with the few folks that like to do the same....not waste my time trying to over analyze photos for marks or scars on peoples dogs. Ultimately, who gives a shat? Do you feed my dogs? Do I feed yours? Why do constructive threads have to be turned into pissing matches over trivial crap? This thread isn't titled " My dogs hunt.....who believes me?" I don't even know how it got to this conversation. We have Breed Specific Legislation over here in the states. Rules on hunting are not as harsh here as they are there, but people with dogs, especially bull and terrier breeds, who are all marked up, are in danger of having their yard raided for no good reason. They gentleman whom we got our Patts from, a complete law abiding citizen, who used to hunt nutria for the Parish sherriff's dept, had his yard raided by the law. After all was said and done, he made out okay, but his dogs could have been taken away. We can't be 'flaunting' our scar covered dogs here contrary to popular belief. We have plenty of antibiotic creams and hair growth inhibitors that we use to help promote hair regrowth. Plus, none of the dogs I posted up were photographed close/clear enough to see the extent of scarring. The BT bitch's face has plenty. There's a thing called common sense here, and I use it. I'm not going to post up close up detailed pics of my dogs bloody when the HSUS and PETA are all over these internet forums LOOKING for reasons for 'probable cause' to investigate my yard. Idiots on Facebook and other places on the net get in trouble all the time for stuff like that. I will not put my dogs at risk in any way by posting such photos just to 'impress' or 'convince' totall strangers on the net of what my dogs do. I know what my dogs do. And her nails? Her nails have NOTHING to do with hunting ability, unless there's something new I don't know, LOL. She HATES nail trims, so every so often we dremmel them down when we're up to the challenge. Her nails have NOTHING to do with her catching a hog. I'm not making any 'case.' I'm here to shoot the shat about dogs, and to read hunting stories and experiences of others. I couldn't care less about what you, or anyone else think of my dogs. NO WHERE did I ask for 'approval' from anyone.

Edited by WorkingBullandTerrier
  • Like 2

jawn-Your post about the sad shape of my EBT was about looks...I had complimented another dog saying thats what they should all look like, and you asked then why did mine look like it just came from Thanksgiving dinner. I asked if all yours looked like your best. I should have worded it better, but the implication was ment to be, do all your dogs look like the one you like the looks of best. You follow?

I must come off as a real ass, cause I get called it alot...LOL I dont care what others do, but I do get a laugh at some of the stuff that folks post, and try to convince themselves and others of I cant deny that. C'mon Jay be honest, you buying what WBT is selling? If that was one of the Jones' tellin the same stories about one of their Jagds, you would be callin bullshit.

Clearly I need to spell check, or at least proofread my posts, I cant seem to make one without confusing or offending someone...

Take care.

You ARE an ass Doc. That doesn't necessarily make you a bad guy. And I didn't say your pup looked sorry.... just fat which surprises the hell out of me because you DO hunt. I don't know EBT or her husband.. My guess is they do hunt. People do not usually keep feral hogs unless they either hunt, or like working the pen for points. In either case it doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my book. I don't know the Jones or their dogs. Never even spoke to em. But if I did I'd be civil and keep my wallet in my pocket. EBT ain't selling nothing. Conversations are free and we're all adults here.

• Like 1

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breeds in a shit state on the whole but the right types can still be found over here

473.jpg

SonnyMacyandmycar006.jpg

Photo-0152-1.jpg

IMG00472-20110821-1217.jpg

IMG00470-20110821-1214-1.jpg

EdReids023.jpg

DSC_0155-2.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0092-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSCN0313.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg