English Bull Terriers

Anyone else hunt with them here? It's depressing, the current state of the breed here in the states. Mainly overweight house dogs now. My husband and I both own BT's, and ours all work. We use them on wild hogs, nutria, coons and any vermin we come upon. They certainly not the over done blobs you primarily see here in the breed's modern state. Here's a photo of my BT. He is 11mths old currently. At the time of the photograph, he was 10mths old.

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg

Once he is older, and well worked, he will be bred to my husband's proven working bitch. I am hoping to try and recreate the head structure of the original strain of the BT. Straighter, and less egg headed. This dog here have intense drive. He is great with the kids, and is playful with other dogs. He's a blast to work with. Would love to hear from any fellow BT owners here, if any.

• Like 8

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a couple of pics, too many, sorry. i owned the brindle bitch. The white dog is my brothers, thunder rock bred and everything a bullie shod be. Both were 100% driven and capable. I know the breed

Without wishing to offend..........why would somebody called " working bull and terrier " be so bothered about " a straighter profile " and importing one " that looks like those " and be calling dogs

Posted this before in another section i know, but here's an e.b.t. x i owned close to thirty years ago now...an absolute b*****d of a dog. I've been around all of the bull and terrier types over the y

Posted Images

Theres a fellar near me who breeds these he only keeps pure white ones anything thats coloured gets pts. They are fine looking animals and are kept very fit. He told me that the original ebt was supposed to be a show dog that was bred by a dog peddlar from birmingham.

Thats a nice animal you have. If pits are legal where you are what made you get an EBT over a pit ? ATB

• Like 2

James Hinks was the person who developed the breed in it's original state.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is legal where I live, although there is Breed Specific Legislation spread over the states. I do own a few APBT's, along with an American Bulldog, and Patterdale Terriers. Husband just added a Whippet lurcher to the yard as well. It all depends on what you use the dogs for. The personality of the Bull Terrier has always attracted me to the breed. Their clownish personality. Yet, they can switch from goofy to super intense in seconds. Hard to explain, but I have always admired the breed. I got to interact with a few over the years as being a Veterinary Technician, and I admired every single one. What is discouraging is the state that the show ring has these dogs in. Head shape getting more and more exagerrated, purely for looks. Taking away form/function. I've been cursed at by 'breeders' over here for using my BT's to hunt, and for keeping mine at a healthy weight, and not obese 'rolly polly's'. Nothing will ever compare over all to the APBT for me, but I hold them in their own class. I will continue to use BT's in my working dog program, they've yet to let me down.

• Like 7

Anyone else hunt with them here? It's depressing, the current state of the breed here in the states. Mainly overweight house dogs now. My husband and I both own BT's, and ours all work. We use them on wild hogs, nutria, coons and any vermin we come upon. They certainly not the over done blobs you primarily see here in the breed's modern state. Here's a photo of my BT. He is 11mths old currently. At the time of the photograph, he was 10mths old.

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg

Once he is older, and well worked, he will be bred to my husband's proven working bitch. I am hoping to try and recreate the head structure of the original strain of the BT. Straighter, and less egg headed. This dog here have intense drive. He is great with the kids, and is playful with other dogs. He's a blast to work with. Would love to hear from any fellow BT owners here, if any.

beautiful looking animal i have had ebt in the past and apbt i love both breeds at present ive only pits in the yard this is my girl cindy coming up on 10 mths now a fantastic bitch to have around very intelligent and very powerful a lot stronger than she looks all the best in the future with your bt

post-62130-0-96861300-1350993395.jpg

post-62130-0-43640300-1350993509.jpg

• Like 2

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg

beautiful looking animal i have had ebt in the past and apbt i love both breeds at present ive only pits in the yard this is my girl cindy coming up on 10 mths now a fantastic bitch to have around very intelligent and very powerful a lot stronger than she looks all the best in the future with your bt

post-62130-0-63146500-1350993755.jpg

• Like 1

100_3264.jpg

100_3265.jpg

Its been done over here for a fair while now, look up Brendan Ingles and Thunder-Rock Kennels :thumbs:

• Like 2