The working daschund

Where have all the Working daschunds disappeared to? A guy I know mentioned that years back the daschund was the main digging dog for certain quarry and now it seems this sort has been bred out of working and seen as a pet. Would be interesting to hear if anyone worked this breed or had pictures of them working

They are now called Teckles. They are worked extensivly in europe, both above and below ground, and are also popular in this country. I have a hound x here with teckle / daschund in her make up. Interestingly 'Daschund' means 'Badger Dog' in German.

Where have all the Working daschunds disappeared to? A guy I know mentioned that years back the daschund was the main digging dog for certain quarry and now it seems this sort has been bred out of working and seen as a pet. Would be interesting to hear if anyone worked this breed or had pictures of them working

I very much doubt that in this green and pleasant land that short legged long backed jukel could ever have been in competition with the more recognised and better equpped mutts,the european and American terriermen beat a path to our shores for decent working dogs of the terrier persuasion.

My 1st dog daschunds x jrt pout back to a fell one of the best dogs I have owned the only thing rong with her se was to small for a digging dog had the hart but not the bone I lost her to ground out mooching by the time I got a spade to me it was to late she had to be pts I'd love to have her back in the pens any day of the week she was only 9 tts and get over a 6 ft fence lick a cat. She loved a mink and that was the best sport with her I had to keep a Chan sow in the van as she wood go. Up the in side of a hollow tree to get to them R.I.P bicth