rabbit count

Was looking through my game book and thought it would be quite interesting to accumulate all the numbers of rabbits caught by everyone that ferrets on here. What do you think? Or has this been tried before? I know there is the report section I was just thinking purely numbers. And I know its not all about numbers, just thought that it could be interesting.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Could be pinned in the reports section a top thought to see the increases and decreases over the years why not PM a Mod :thumbs: to ask them to pin it .

Can start say the first of nov 2012

ATB Cookie

Just a thought though new permissions will always be more abundant where as permissions which have been done year in year out low and hammerd and isolated pockets very low . As some folk don't have that much or large permissions ,

That's all taken into account, I was thinking it could give an idea of the service of rabbit control that ferreters do nationwide for farmers and land owners.

Would make real interesting reading, only kept count in our heads over the years on the yearly totals, wish i would have kept records, rather than approximates.

Tonight i will start.

As for posting them up, i,m sure a few would be slightly paranoid including myself.

Nice topic though, if only for other people to read many years in the future.

Would make real interesting reading, only kept count in our heads over the years on the yearly totals, wish i would have kept records, rather than approximates.

Tonight i will start.

As for posting them up, i,m sure a few would be slightly paranoid including myself.

Nice topic though, if only for other people to read many years in the future.

I understand what your saying, I have kept a record the past 3 seasons and it is interesting looking back. Thought that a nationwide version would be even more interesting!

• Like 1

It is interesting, and worthwhile. Are you basing it on pure rabbiting bags, ie = dogs and ferrets, or are lamping, gun, trapping,snaring and drop boxes?

Think all you will get in the end is numbers of rabbits, will give a good account of the hotspots and where to find them, and probs headaches for folk who have hunted the spots for years.

It is interesting, and worthwhile. Are you basing it on pure rabbiting bags, ie = dogs and ferrets, or are lamping, gun, trapping,snaring and drop boxes?

Think all you will get in the end is numbers of rabbits, will give a good account of the hotspots and where to find them, and probs headaches for folk who have hunted the spots for years.

Ha ha good point let's bin the idea now : )

I think it would be more simple to say just ferreted rabbits but I guess it could be put into other sections of the forum. You wouldn't have to say where you ferreted could just do county and number?

Ive kept a diary for twenty years stating the weather where we where what we caught ,tallied up monthly and yearly , got picts etc , Not saying it would happen but you could add a zero :laugh: i remember somebody getting caught out already photo shopping rabbits on a post :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: