deer dogs (preban)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, jetro said:

What are they like for eating. Going by the pics, maybe two meals for an average family of 4 or 5.

Atb j 

They taste real good mate better than roe in my opinion, real thine grain meat if you now what I mean.

Just going on memory from the last road kill I had..

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, jetro said:

What are they like for eating. Going by the pics, maybe two meals for an average family of 4 or 5.

Atb j 

Jetro, they've been spotted around Dublin area a few times in recent years. Thought to have come over on the ferry. One day when the population is high enough they'll start to appear in the open more. Munties that is, I haven't heard of any CWD's. https://species.biodiversityireland.ie/profile.php?taxonId=119475&taxonName=Muntjac

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, jetro said:

Hopefully, they would fit right in here.  There's a 4k hecter  forest beside me  they could move into to.

Atb 

1 hour ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

Yep great eating jetro

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Daft question do they have munti in Ireland? As for eating I enjoy muntjac, get more than two family meals out of one, I messed the last one up on the BBQ , I prefer it stewed or slow cooked with liquor. 

I likes the shoulder and neck in the slow cooker 

No need 2 thank me

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Love a good little un struggled to see it in the pic ?

She probably caught 20 rabbits that day as well, proper worker owned by a bloke who at that time lived and breathed to put stuff in front of his dogs.

• Like 1