deer dogs (preban)

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, jake2580 said:

Nasty things them muntys my mate called me last night the little bitch I gave him after crash had a run in with a angry male 

CC67BA7C-68C4-4AA3-91E2-7FE71E5C19B7.png

Bloody hell, poor dog that some nasty wound. Hope she makes a full recovery. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, jake2580 said:

Nasty things them muntys my mate called me last night the little bitch I gave him after crash had a run in with a angry male 

CC67BA7C-68C4-4AA3-91E2-7FE71E5C19B7.png

Looks nasty fella hope he got her to a vet and got her sorted properly not like half the fools on here that would try skin stapling it or glueing it back together that’s a stitch job 

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Looks nasty fella hope he got her to a vet and got her sorted properly not like half the fools on here that would try skin stapling it or glueing it back together that’s a stitch job 

Yeh he’s had her to the vets bud reckons it’s cost him a fortune she’s had another gash on her side about 5” long aswell does Look nasty 

Just now, jake2580 said:

Yeh he’s had her to the vets bud reckons it’s cost him a fortune she’s had another gash on her side about 5” long aswell does Look nasty 

Bet it did they like pulling our pants down with Cost of injuries fella but it’s only money in one hand out the other as they say it’s got to be done unfortunately with any thing more than miner injury I self treat most of my dogs for miner stuff I keep a very healthy supply of meta cam an some pretty strong antibiotics of various sorts With a pretty decent first aid kit if that was one of mine I’d be well out my depth. Ya mate done the right thing fair shout to him ??

• Like 2

Last year an old boy I know in England was hanging up a munty in his garage & opened up his own leg from one of the tusks! Went to bed with the injury & nearly bled out the silly old fool! 

• Sad 1

My old dog Maurice RIP had a few munty bucks he seemed to instinctively know they would bite by the way he managed them, the noise they make is a horrible unearthly sound goes right threw ya. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, poxon said:

Bet it did they like pulling our pants down with Cost of injuries fella but it’s only money in one hand out the other as they say it’s got to be done unfortunately with any thing more than miner injury I self treat most of my dogs for miner stuff I keep a very healthy supply of meta cam an some pretty strong antibiotics of various sorts With a pretty decent first aid kit if that was one of mine I’d be well out my depth. Ya mate done the right thing fair shout to him ??

Defo is bud he ended up going to a different vets went from £780 to £158 I dident think that was to bad 78 to put dog to sleep and £80 to fix her up did some damage to her dog and owner are eating the little f****r tonight anyway ?

450C170F-855A-4D8C-A8FA-7C9DCB42C22D.jpeg

64860A18-6C03-4FE2-B980-3EE68D73079E.jpeg

Edited by jake2580
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, jake2580 said:

Defo is bud he ended up going to a different vets went from £780 to £158 I dident think that was to bad 78 to put dog to sleep and £80 to fix her up did some damage to her dog and owner are eating the little f****r tonight anyway ?

Cheap enough fella that’s not bad at all small price to pay bet the antibiotics an pain killer will be more than the pre prep putting the dog out clean the wound then stitch the dog up.not bad pricing at all down here at our vets they Would have my pans round my ankles bet that would be a £800 job all day long. Least it’s sorted fella hope it heals well for the guy

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, jake2580 said:

He done well there the lad cheap as chips 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jake2580 said:

Fair enough price for stitching the girl up hope she get a speedy and good recovery 

5 hours ago, joe ox said:

My old dog Maurice RIP had a few munty bucks he seemed to instinctively know they would bite by the way he managed them, the noise they make is a horrible unearthly sound goes right threw ya. 

I had a bitch who caught a blood y good number of small deer and cwd and roe she'd have quietened down in quick time by grabbing their wind pipes,munties she'd grab on the top of there heads and she'd throw them around like she would do teeth but she'd never been hurt by one before,she just knew and gave them her all and she loved the rough and tumble that comes with munties..

22 minutes ago, fireman said:

I had a bitch who caught a blood y good number of small deer and cwd and roe she'd have quietened down in quick time by grabbing their wind pipes,munties she'd grab on the top of there heads and she'd throw them around like she would do teeth but she'd never been hurt by one before,she just knew and gave them her all and she loved the rough and tumble that comes with munties..

I think some of it is just luck. Some dogs are lucky and some really aren’t!