deer dogs (preban)

44 minutes ago, fireman said:

Iv'e in the past taken hundreds and hundreds of chinks and when i say hundreds i mean just in one season with lurchers and never once did any of them put up any sort of fight,mind you the best chink dog i ever saw (took 64 out of 64 slips before he missed one one winter) got his days ended by a muntie buck who put it's antler through the dogs neck and out it's ear..Some lads on here saw the land with some of the numbers on it and that was after a few years of us getting into it as such,was hard work at times but also bloody good fun and it is a shame my lurcher days have gone now but don't have the time to one justice.....

I hold my hands up mate we don't see chinks and muntys around here I only saw them when I went bushing down Woburn and from pre ban to this day I've only just googled to find out that buck chinks don't have a devil horn so the few times that I thought a buck chink damaged the dog it was a munty ? , that's only taken about 20 years lol.

• Haha 2

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, jetro said:

Don't think we have either of these deer over here, Ireland, pity. 

What type of ground do they prefer to live on.

Atb j 

Munties live in on arable with good hedges and semi woodland and some do really well in towns and cities where the houses have big gardens.Iv'e seen them in the middle of both Ipswich and Norwich as well as many other small market towns in suffolk and norfolk ,the chinks in east anglia stay on or around  wet land or river course land.

Chinks on arable land are silly easy and a cur can pull them,run them on a semi flooded water meadow and your'll see how much gas is in your dogs tanks as they spin like a hare and run like jesus across water. The hair on a chink is triangular in shape rather than round and it thinner where it meets the body so it breaks off when a predator grabs hold and iv'e seen a few dogs stood there gagging on a mouthful of fur as the chink gets away,it also gets fecking every where so if your chinking take a big sack to put them in..:victory:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, fireman said:

Munties live in on arable with good hedges and semi woodland and some do really well in towns and cities where the houses have big gardens.Iv'e seen them in the middle of both Ipswich and Norwich as well as many other small market towns in suffolk and norfolk ,the chinks in east anglia stay on or around  wet land or river course land.

Chinks on arable land are silly easy and a cur can pull them,run them on a semi flooded water meadow and your'll see how much gas is in your dogs tanks as they spin like a hare and run like jesus across water. The hair on a chink is triangular in shape rather than round and it thinner where it meets the body so it breaks off when a predator grabs hold and iv'e seen a few dogs stood there gagging on a mouthful of fur as the chink gets away,it also gets fecking every where so if your chinking take a big sack to put them in..:victory:

Thanks firemen 

We got big pine plantations that run into Heather and peaty hills. Don't think that would do them. Pity, they look like fun little animals. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jetro said:

Don't think we have either of these deer over here, Ireland, pity. 

What type of ground do they prefer to live on.

Atb j 

Them munties live absalutely any where ive saw them in places people couldnt imagine little smidges of Waiste land covered in long grass bushes etc they will thrive they love bracken gorse and lorrals and they'll hide in goose grass and fern ?

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Penda said:

Them munties live absalutely any where ive saw them in places people couldnt imagine little smidges of Waiste land covered in long grass bushes etc they will thrive they love bracken gorse and lorrals and they'll hide in goose grass and fern ?

Was one night this season and seen one on top a garden shed they get everywhere. 

• Like 1

There a creature of habit as most animals are so they'll always have the same places they'll lie up in the day the tiny hoof marks give away there positions and if you listen carefully of a night or dusk or early hours you'll here the distinctive bark from the buck it's kind of like a growly bark great to here in the middle of the night if your out lamping with somebody who's never heard 1 before my mate shat self years ago thought there was a ware wolf parking around or something ?

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, fireman said:

Iv'e in the past taken hundreds and hundreds of chinks and when i say hundreds i mean just in one season with lurchers and never once did any of them put up any sort of fight,mind you the best chink dog i ever saw (took 64 out of 64 slips before he missed one one winter) got his days ended by a muntie buck who put it's antler through the dogs neck and out it's ear..Some lads on here saw the land with some of the numbers on it and that was after a few years of us getting into it as such,was hard work at times but also bloody good fun and it is a shame my lurcher days have gone now but don't have the time to one justice.....

I never believed the stories of munties having a go at dog until I seen it myself.  Had many over the seasons thinking jobs done turn lamp of and they vanished. Wrigley little buggers.

This is what a munty did. It was his 1st but didn't put him. 

20200215_072730.jpg

20191005_003952.jpg

1 hour ago, dogmad riley said:

I never believed the stories of munties having a go at dog until I seen it myself.  Had many over the seasons thinking jobs done turn lamp of and they vanished. Wrigley little buggers.

This is what a munty did. It was his 1st but didn't put him. 

20200215_072730.jpg

20191005_003952.jpg

That was a close almost turned the club into a pirate

13 hours ago, jake2580 said:

mini took after a fallow buck the one day through a wood  one day on a walk and come back like this split right thought to the bone was a right b*****d to heal left a big hole there in the muscle now think she must of hit a log or sharp branch but you never know 

85115029_206201303908622_6295445148444655616_n.jpg

Yeah looks a good old tear that does staples come in handy 

13 minutes ago, Penda said:

I think 1 of the weirdest things with the muntjac is I know woods where they are in abundance every patch of bramble seems to hold 1 or 2 yet you walk the fields of a night round it you wont see 1

They are like ghosts at night. Your spot some bright white eyes, and then they vanish. It's something to do with their colour and fur texture: they're almost impossible to see if they keep still, and they spend very little time out in the open. I've practically fallen over them whilst beating and they'll keep quite still by day even when you pass them a yard away, unless they're disturbed by a dog. Round here they have reached pest proportions. They live in people's back gardens and those are as bold as brass: seen a little cockerpoo barking at a pair in a garden hedge and the munties just stood there and stared at the dog. Also see them on the embankments round Peterborough, grazing out in the open there, not a care in the world. It's a weird world we live in when wildlife encroaches on human environments and most people never even realise its there.

• Like 2