Dogs Throwing themselves

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

any dog that hits a edge 100 mph is not going to last very long i like a dog to go to the edge but use its head a clever dog will catch you more in the long run as it will still be putting bunnies in

I get what folk are saying, dogs smashing dykes and injuring themselfs are nightmare..   Dogs pulling up or wont run a rabbit sat tight on a hedge are a pain.. A decent dog will follow its game but

Dogs smashing into hedges for rabbits is waste of time   Wont catch many when its laid up or worst burried with a broken neck...   Got a dog hear nearly 4 thats done fook all really,because it ca

A good lamp dog doesn't pull up at the hedge IMO, there is alot of rabbits to be caught in the hedge bottom. two runs last night, both rabbits caught after being pushed from the hedge bottom during the run. :yes:

Edited to add, A nutty dog throwing itself into a hedge at full speed is pretty undesirable and a accident waiting to happen.

Edited by Sirius

i like a dog to hit the hedge,but seen two dogs die over hitting a cover with a wall behind its not nice,like a dog that uses its head and pulls up a little before the hedge,my pal has a dog and its an accident waiting to happen full pelt smashes ditches heart in mouth stuff watching her run.

any dog that hits a edge 100 mph is not going to last very long i like a dog to go to the edge but use its head a clever dog will catch you more in the long run as it will still be putting bunnies in the bag long after the edge hitter is in the ground atb troter

• Like 7

any dog that hits a edge 100 mph is not going to last very long i like a dog to go to the edge but use its head a clever dog will catch you more in the long run as it will still be putting bunnies in the bag long after the edge hitter is in the ground atb troter

Sorry mate but disagree with you there. A dog that gives 100% is allways gonna run the risk of not reaching retirement. Thats allpart of the game. Dogs that are not afraid of cover are supior to dogs that wont face it. End of. Its all upto personal choice but i dont go lamping to lose rabbits that have reached cover. ATB

It doesnt have to hit the hedge at 100mph to be effective around them. My dog will follow a rabbit into cover, and if hes right on its arse he will plunge in, but miostly you can see him looking ahead, slowing a bit and picking his line.