lurcher

how good is the first cross border collie greyhound with dealing with the fox

depend entirely on several factors, how well its entered, the man behind it, and it could just come plain down to if the dog wants to or not, if it dont, it wont, and i am not having a dig at collie x's, but there is more specialized crosses out there for foxes :thumbs:

this is what i've read.. "The Deerhound x Greyhound is considered a top fox and deer sighthound in the UK with good endurance and weather resistance."

some of the best fox dogs i seen had deerhound in them.

THE best fox dog ive ever seen had deerhound in its makeup. The second best ive ever seen was a staff/whippet/greyhound.

It all depends on the dog but most will take the odd fox. And ive heard of a few people that prefer collie crosses because of the land they work they need a dog that will get out and find there runs. ATB

how good is the first cross border collie greyhound with dealing with the fox

depend entirely on several factors, how well its entered, the man behind it, and it could just come plain down to if the dog wants to or not, if it dont, it wont, and i am not having a dig at collie x's, but there is more specialized crosses out there for foxes :thumbs:

The only factors it depends on are whether or not the dog has it or not. No matter how you enter them or how long you hold them back the dogs that have it have it. But most dogs wouldve taken the odd fox you bump into.