Range Finder advice sought

Hi,

I'm curently using a .22 Rim and am also going to be doing a DSC1 shortly and am looking for a recommendation for a rangefinder suitabkle for both.

Have been looking at the Bushnell and Leupold ones with ARC or TBR etc.

Anyone got any suggestions etc please?

Thanks.

If you can afford to, save up for a Leica. Even one of the older box like models. You won't need it for the .22 but when you move up calibres it'll pay for itself because of the quality.

I haven't used other models really save for a Nikkon 440 ProStaff years ago! I wouldn't wish that on anyone 'cept the lad I gave it to (now let's see will he see this post LOL :tongue2: @ S).......

Hi --

I have the LRF900 Leica and use it daily.

It is effectively a x8 monocular which when you press a button, gives you the distance in yards (can be Euros if you prefer!)

Nice and simple, and brilliant optics.

Main thing though. The information is displayed via red LED's in the centre of the field of view,so you can use the Leica in poor light / at night.

I have seen others which have LCD displays and are next to useless in poor light.

I use mine for foxing, (NV / Laser to mark / Range finder for distance / holdover / bang.)

Regards

JonP

i have a few friends who have cheaper range finders and they all seem spot on with the more exphensive stuff,my top tip leupolds make things look further away rather than closer so give them a miss.i now use a nickon 1200 and its great.had many leupold scopes and there customer service is second to none but there rangefinders are poor compared

but I bought an Opticron that performs equally as well as them all and cost £130.

I didn't know they made range finders. I have a pair of their binoculars and they're fantastic :yes: Everyone who looks through them are always ooo-ing and ahhh-ing.

Yup, me too, I have the DBA Opticron binos and they are bloody amazing,

Just to recap,, it`s a rangefinder,, if it tells you the range and cost 130 quid,, why would anyone spend 1300 quid just cause it has a swaro badge on it ??

I know the glass is great on german binos,, but the jap rangefinders are just as accurate for a fraction of the price.

Cheers for all the info, just one more question.

Is it really worth having the ballistic / terrain option?

Don't know, you can buy scopes that will do a lot of work for you if you pick the right one and learn how to use it (I did and no I haven't lol)

I would buy the one for sale TBH, the older 800 meter box like models go for £200, it's a good deal :yes: If you don't like you'll easily get the same money back.

Save the money up and buy a Leica CRF, I have tried Leupold and Newcon, both are poor in comparison to Leica.

I liked my CRF1200 a lot but have since sold it and my Swartovski binos and bought a pair of Leica Geovid rangefinder bino's.

Cry once, buy once, get a Leica unit.