Whippets and Fox (Preban)

Wat are peoples opinions on foxing whith single whippet bitch or dog (on the lamp) , I have tried researching but its hard to find preban info and pics.

Can it be done?

Preban i have slipped whippet bitch 2 year old at fox and she was game as anything just never actualy managed to make contact,

Have people ever experienced Single whippet on charlie?

My bitch is 21"

whippets are bread for rabbits thats there main quarry,there nearly the same height and weight of a good dog fox which makes it a fairly even fight,and they can take alot of stick of a fox and drag on a bit as they dont have the jaw power,new a lad that took a fair few a season with a pair of strong whippets while out lamping rabbits,they still got abit of stick but got the job done,whippets have great hearts you have to give them creadit for that.

• Like 2

Wat are peoples opinions on foxing whith single whippet bitch or dog (on the lamp) , I have tried researching but its hard to find preban info and pics.

Can it be done?

Preban i have slipped whippet bitch 2 year old at fox and she was game as anything just never actualy managed to make contact,

My bitch is 21"

Had a whippet a few years back that was red hot on them, he was a big whippet tho stood nearly 22" and built like a brick shithouse, was kc reg tho out of lord of the night to a laguna bitch, very strong dog and was very hard mouthed on all prey, loved a scrap took them single with no problems. also had a bitch who was a lot lighter and smaller who loved em but was nowhere near the size to do em alone without taking punishment, i used to use her on a few fox drives to run any pricked foxs that ran she was clever and always took a neck hold and stood back out of the way till I got to her. great dogs to catch and hold doubled up with a less agile bigger dog without the pace top catch but few and far between the single handed fox whippet.

• Like 1

Can it be done?

My bitch is 21"

Had a whippet a few years back that was red hot on them, he was a big whippet tho stood nearly 22" and built like a brick shithouse, was kc reg tho out of lord of the night to a laguna bitch, very strong dog and was very hard mouthed on all prey, loved a scrap took them single with no problems. also had a bitch who was a lot lighter and smaller who loved em but was nowhere near the size to do em alone without taking punishment, i used to use her on a few fox drives to run any pricked foxs that ran she was clever and always took a neck hold and stood back out of the way till I got to her. great dogs to catch and hold doubled up with a less agile bigger dog without the pace top catch but few and far between the single handed fox whippet.

i am not having a whippet could take a fox with no punisment at all thats a load of s**t. it is not humane to use whippets as a fox dog end of. stick to the bigger dogs that end it quickly and effectivley

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Can it be done?

My bitch is 21"

i am not having a whippet could take a fox with no punisment at all thats a load of s**t. it is not humane to use whippets as a fox dog end of. stick to the bigger dogs that end it quickly and effectivley

not legal either ,but i have seen odd whippets do it in the past unscathed ,i have also seen big bull crosses get bit to feck depends on the dog,and how clever they are atb BB

Can it be done?

My bitch is 21"

Love these whippet an fox thred's... :D Pre-ban, I would have ran it till it made contact... I'd have known then.. :yes:

Can it be done?

My bitch is 21"

have not seen but would love to good luck

Can it be done?

My bitch is 21"

you need a bullwhippet would work very well