caught on mobile driving only just got letter.......

Yes but what about if your running late ?

If its not safe to pull over and make the call then you should not make the call...... unless of course your heads that far up your own a55 that five minutes of you time is worth more than someone elses life.... Look at your car as being a weapon that can and will take life .......A bit like a rifle you wouldnt point it and squeeze the trigger while you were distracted in any way....or would you...... its a bit like your sig and I quote ...

"The definition of ignorant is to do without knowing better.

The definition of stupid is to know better and do it anyway."

But if you pull over to make the call your going to be even more late .....and if you dont make the call at all well thats just bad manners.......so theres no choice really.......

:D ......Im only playing mate im not that daft !..............................I do think theres a lot of fuss made over mobiles while your driving though.....whats worse speaking on a phone while driving or completely taking your eyes off the road and looking down to your cd case and changing a cd......or looking down to your cig lighter to light a fag...............but its not illegal to listen to music or smoke is it.

Edited by gnasher16

I remember my mate's daughter crashing into a parked car and in her defence she said that she had looked down to change a cd ......wrong answer ......she was charged with driving without due care and attention . I remember being pulled in my works van by a motorcycle cop for drinking out of a thermal mug while driving policeman went his dinger at me and advised that I could be charged for driving without due care and attention he issued a warning and sent me on my way,one of my collegues had the same experience while eating an apple at traffic lights in his van so there are laws that cover this sort of thing.... wheather they get enforced or not...

that is the only offence i have on me licensce...............unmarked range rover pulled up next to me waiting at the traffic lights ,...nice looking bird wound down the window and said hello ,.....i replied hello then thought nothing of it , carried on talking on me phone , she then said exscuse me sir cid do you mind pulling over.......

i thought shit,...had to get in the range rover ,......they even had guns on them with plain clothes,........must of been drug squad or something......

they checked me previuous and checked me van for everything but for some reason couldnt get me van insurance because it was buisness insurance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i had a producer and ithink it was £65 fine and three points on me license,..............all the shit what happens in bristol and there pissing about with petty crimes.....

I would not consider using a phone when the driver is supposed to be concentrating on the road as 'petty', i'd call it irresponsible and dangerous......

that is the only offence i have on me licensce...............unmarked range rover pulled up next to me waiting at the traffic lights ,...nice looking bird wound down the window and said hello ,.....i replied hello then thought nothing of it , carried on talking on me phone , she then said exscuse me sir cid do you mind pulling over.......

i thought shit,...had to get in the range rover ,......they even had guns on them with plain clothes,........must of been drug squad or something......

they checked me previuous and checked me van for everything but for some reason couldnt get me van insurance because it was buisness insurance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i had a producer and ithink it was £65 fine and three points on me license,..............all the shit what happens in bristol and there pissing about with petty crimes.....

I would not consider using a phone when the driver is supposed to be concentrating on the road as 'petty', i'd call it irresponsible and dangerous......

if thats the case pal then smoking , doing your make up , changing the radio, and sat navigation should be banned , as it all causes distract of concentration....... :thumbs: