caught on mobile driving only just got letter.......

Hi i got pulled using my mobile phone nearly 3 months ago ive just recieved my letter today is there a time limit after offence that you can be prosecuted .

I thought there was a 2 week time limit when informing people on speeding but not sure if that applies to mobiles

that is the only offence i have on me licensce...............unmarked range rover pulled up next to me waiting at the traffic lights ,...nice looking bird wound down the window and said hello ,.....i replied hello then thought nothing of it , carried on talking on me phone , she then said exscuse me sir cid do you mind pulling over.......

i thought shit,...had to get in the range rover ,......they even had guns on them with plain clothes,........must of been drug squad or something......

they checked me previuous and checked me van for everything but for some reason couldnt get me van insurance because it was buisness insurance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i had a producer and ithink it was £65 fine and three points on me license,..............all the shit what happens in bristol and there pissing about with petty crimes.....

What have they offered you in the letter? Usually it's either court or a £60 fine and three points.

Have they given you an awareness course option too? I seem to recall they're £80+

yeah mae they have offered me the course its 60 pound and three points or 70 pound no points but attend the course cheers

What have they offered you in the letter? Usually it's either court or a £60 fine and three points.

Have they given you an awareness course option too? I seem to recall they're £80+

i thought the awarness option was for first offence for speeding ,...........i got caught just over limit and had that offer and went to taunton on a course and then you just pay a fine and dont get no points on yer license

i thought the awarness option was for first offence for speeding ,...........i got caught just over limit and had that offer and went to taunton on a course and then you just pay a fine and dont get no points on yer license

apperently they are doing it for mobiles now to pal

apperently they are doing it for mobiles now to pal

just aswell then pal.........save your self three points ........spot on that

I got a tug for simply having my phone in my hand i said it had dropped on the floor and i was picking it up the plod took some number off the phone i didnt even know existed incase i disputed anything,this number would tell if the phone was being used in any way calls or internet at that exact time :icon_eek: .....cant believe the technology they have now....

I was looking on the google maps thing :icon_redface:

This just proves that road traffic offences are being treated as cash raising excersises by the police,if you pay slightly more cash then its ok because you wont get points surely if you comit an offence then you should get all points related to the offence in any case but if you attend the awareness course the fine should be reduced...effectively they are saying if you can afford the course then there is no deterrent from re-offending and possibly killing some poor bugger the next time....its a joke... there is no excuse for using a phone whilst driving.

• Like 2

Yes but what about if your running late ?

If its not safe to pull over and make the call then you should not make the call...... unless of course your heads that far up your own a55 that five minutes of you time is worth more than someone elses life.... Look at your car as being a weapon that can and will take life .......A bit like a rifle you wouldnt point it and squeeze the trigger while you were distracted in any way....or would you...... its a bit like your sig and I quote ...

"The definition of ignorant is to do without knowing better.

The definition of stupid is to know better and do it anyway."

Edited by Night Hunter