Cocker wont put weight on

No smell he is fit as fire and shit looks ok

You say that he looks pitiful but also that he's fit as fire, so It could just be that you're very concerned about your Dogs (no bad thing), so it's making you see it worse than it actually is. But if in doubt, get him back to the vet.

Dont know your background so how many working cockers have you seen or been around? Is there a possibilty the dog just looks how it should and not like the fat pets we see in the park. Get a pic up please....... :thumbs:

Some Spaniels are so hyper and non stop that they burn off any excess really quickly: its just their metabolism. I've known several that looked like half starved Whippets under their coats, until they steadied down at around 4 years of age. If the dog is fit and well in itself then just make sure to keep it well fed: feeding a small meal high carb/high fat in the morning means it won't be running on empty all day: feeding a Spaniel a small meal an hour or so before exercise/work is not so dangerous as feeding a lurcher or sighthound in this way, and it stops them burning muscle to provide energy.

Dont know your background so how many working cockers have you seen or been around? Is there a possibilty the dog just looks how it should and not like the fat pets we see in the park. Get a pic up please....... :thumbs:

I hav tow cockers and i hav been around them for years dads a breeder but i think iv worked out now the other is nicking his food so started feeding them separate and will put a pic up to moz thax for yor comments

I hav tow cockers and i hav been around them for years dads a breeder but i think iv worked out now the other is nicking his food so started feeding them separate and will put a pic up to moz thax for yor comments

Aww ffs....real smart feeding 2 or more together unsupervised :blink:
  • Like 1