Best torch for lamping?

i got a cree torch.1ooo lumens,4 batts in it and all you do is plug in charger into torc,no need to take batts out.if u get a led cree make sure u only get the 1 led in it,ive also got a 5000 lumens but its got 5 x1000 leds in it and its the widest beam ever,not sure the most lumens they do with 1 led,but i bet its about 1000.put a hoover extension on the end about 6inch long hhelps narrow te beam...will not carry a heavy batt anymore use the cree all the time.

Edited by Qbgrey

This dereelight night master 800 seems very expensive for what it is. Almost identical to the ones you get on eBay for about £20. I suppose the flashy marketing and them telling you it is built for that exact purpose warrants the extra £130. Doesn't actually say how many lms the led is. Could it be 800lms?

Iv got a Cree 1600 lumens great torch if you don't want to light up the sky where you shouldn't be as the lamps do .very handy to have with you 3 different settings as well , you wouldn't go wrong having one lad .

when you say you don't want to light up the sky what do you mean? the cree 1600 I've got lights up the whole feckin field!!! they're good for having in your pocket etc. but they certainly ain't subtle once you turn them on.

mines not it keeps sending out the fooking SOS signal out in morse code :laugh:

:laugh:

when you're turning it off keep your finger on the button for 1 second and when you next switch it on it'll be on the same mode you had it on when you switched it off, rather than switching to the next mode.....I discovered that after a few sessions of giving the bunnies an epileptic fit :thumbs:

was wondering if it was poss to do that i used the counting method and quick flipping lol but cheers anyway pal and yea deffo agree with ya pal when i first turned it on it was like a rabbit rave hahaha

Just got back from taking my rescue Lurcher out for her first lamping session and took the new cree ultra fire torch. No rabbits but two good chases and she seems to be getting the hang of it. The torch was great, small , compact and the battery lasted well. The beam could be adjusted to give a good narrow beam and pick up bunnies well at about 50metres. The torch is ideal for travelling light and a bargain at £13. See my previous post for link to eBay item.

Iv got a Cree 1600 lumens great torch if you don't want to light up the sky where you shouldn't be as the lamps do .very handy to have with you 3 different settings as well , you wouldn't go wrong having one lad .

when you say you don't want to light up the sky what do you mean? the cree 1600 I've got lights up the whole feckin field!!! they're good for having in your pocket etc. but they certainly ain't subtle once you turn them on.

mines not it keeps sending out the fooking SOS signal out in morse code :laugh:

:laugh:

when you're turning it off keep your finger on the button for 1 second and when you next switch it on it'll be on the same mode you had it on when you switched it off, rather than switching to the next mode.....I discovered that after a few sessions of giving the bunnies an epileptic fit :thumbs:

was wondering if it was poss to do that i used the counting method and quick flipping lol but cheers anyway pal and yea deffo agree with ya pal when i first turned it on it was like a rabbit rave hahaha
Av a look back in the thread mate troter58 explains how to sort that out :thumbs:
  • 2 weeks later...