Scope zeroing problem

As the title says my scope is way out at the moment, the gun is firing at least 8 inches below the intended target and altering it doesn't make a difference. Could there be anything in particular that I have knocked to affect the scope???

Had a similar problem last year. Had a Rhino 3-9x50 scope on my Weirauch HW99s. After about 12 months use (and just out of guarantee) it suddenly went out of zero by a couple of inches. Tried all sorts of remedies, re-fitting the scope, different mounts, different pellets but eventually changed the scope and problem sorted. Dont know exactly what is wrong with it but I suspect that something inside has moved or shook loose as the HW99 does clonk a bit when its fired. Got an AGS 3-9x40 on it now and the only problems are operator error!! They are guaranteed for life on air rifles so hopefully if I have any further problems it will be covered.

All the best AF

is this the first time youve had the scope on the rifle ? or has the problem just occured ? try packing the rear mount up with some kitchen foil tucked neatly where the scope sits on the mount.

richie

Had the same problem.....had a read up and was told to use camera film negative :drink:

Guest Rabbiteer

I had a similar problem with an AGS Viper.

The zero went after a short time and no matter what I did I could not reset it.

The problem turned out to be that the elevation pin had become diconnected from the elevation screw thread on the inside of the sight. This ment that the elevation screw could be turned all day but because it wasnt moving any part inside the tube because it was disconnected. So I would get nice neat groups where I didnt want them.

I was lucky that AGS took the sight back and repaired it/rethreaded the screw.

Wishing you all the best,

NIk