Well I've just been to my local butcher and he gave me a 1lb stick of green tripe to try for free and he said its the best feed for dogs in his oppinion so I will defrost and try it 2 morrow and over the next few weeks with mixer and see how my dog does on it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong!   Green tripe is the stomach meat of cow, bison, or lamb, and the greens they have eaten, all in one miracle food. The perfect combination of high quality protein and green vegetation, rich i

Don't forget to boil it first in the kitchen to get rid of all the worm cyst's..

If your not feeding your dogs whole animals, then I'll fink you'll find tripe is pretty essential if your feeding a BARF diet. Peter, I take it you don't like the smell

Posted Images

Well I've just been to my local butcher and he gave me a 1lb stick of green tripe to try for free and he said its the best feed for dogs in his oppinion so I will defrost and try it 2 morrow and over the next few weeks with mixer and see how my dog does on it.

also to add that he said he sales so much of the stuff that he charges 1.50 per lb of tripe so I think if my dog does enjoy it and I see any difference in her then I will shop around as 1.50 I think is quite steep for tripe? Atb

Ive been to several butchers for green tripe, they dont deal with it

my butchers obviously buys it in when I went in to ask I had my dog with me and he asked if its purley for dog food and I said yes he brought out this block and on the wrapping its from a place in Bath and also says on it for pet food only. Would you feed your dogs it if your butchers sold it Iworkwhippets?

my butchers obviously buys it in when I went in to ask I had my dog with me and he asked if its purley for dog food and I said yes he brought out this block and on the wrapping its from a place in Bath and also says on it for pet food only. Would you feed your dogs it if your butchers sold it Iworkwhippets?

Green tripe, you bet i would, but even my local abbatoir wont sell it to the public

Green tripe, you bet i would, but even my local abbatoir wont sell it to the public

that's madness! I can't understand why? Do you? Lol ill send you a block in the post haha...altho I don't think royal mail would be to happy delivering a stinky parcel and well with there delivery rate it would be long defrosted before you get it lol! Can't you order it online or like someone else mentioned that they buy it from pets at home..