Bryn's Apprentice (Buck )

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

picked him up today , went with pete (talk cheap) to get him. Was noisy 200 mile drive back, cried 60% of the time , never heard the tomtom coming back lol. I put him in with Bryn, to calm him a bit,

Ray and everyone else who get's a half x pup has a rough but not 100% idea how they will turn out..why try and bring the fellow down.. he is obviously happy with his pup and i hope he turn's out how R

here are Gaz , the other week , he is bigger again now . He is coming great his spot on with his recall for a pup, and doing great with the sheep+ cattle , very clever he take things in quick .

Did your bull x not work out??????

no mate, was shame as he was doing great, he would tackle anything with 4 legs :thumbs: .What happened he kept blacking out when lamping, vet said it was (lack of oxygen) to the brain and it could kill him . He went to lad who done more terrier work than lamping, last i heard he was doing good there .I had another bullx grey before drop down dead with simlar thing, and i heard few bullxs have had this prob before. Thats why ive gone for a differnt type of lurcher, from what ive heard+ read 1x gsd x grey wre very popular in the 70-80s as fox+ deer dogs, just went out of fashion when bullxs took off . :thumbs:

• Like 1

no mate, was shame as he was doing great, he would tackle anything with 4 legs :thumbs: .What happened he kept blacking out when lamping, vet said it was (lack of oxygen) to the brain and it could kill him . He went to lad who done more terrier work than lamping, last i heard he was doing good there .I had another bullx grey before drop down dead with simlar thing, and i heard few bullxs have had this prob before. Thats why ive gone for a differnt type of lurcher, from what ive heard+ read 1x gsd x grey wre very popular in the 70-80s as fox+ deer dogs, just went out of fashion when bullxs took off . :thumbs:

Funny that mate mine had a dog bull x we had it out for few rabbits dog was fit and on the 4th rabbit l thought it was going pull up.He paid 250 for the dog and ended up give it away.The young lad that got it had it out lamping a it dropped dead after two runs.Another mate had 1x gsd x grey called NIGGER and this dog was very good took on everything.We all need a bit luck with pups

Funny that mate mine had a dog bull x we had it out for few rabbits dog was fit and on the 4th rabbit l thought it was going pull up.He paid 250 for the dog and ended up give it away.The young lad that got it had it out lamping a it dropped dead after two runs.Another mate had 1x gsd x grey called NIGGER and this dog was very good took on everything.We all need a bit luck with pups

yeh hope it works out with my pup, you right you need luck with any pup you pick, but as said ive only heard good things from 1x gsdx greys, time will tell :yes:

• Like 1

Shame things never worked out with Tod, especially as so much work goes into a young dog. I had a full bull terrier years ago that would black out after he was let off the lead if he did a big burst silly 5 minute run about. He spent most of his life on a lead and died aged 5. Good luck with the new pup, it will be interesting to see how he developes

Justin

the pups a cracker looking forward to seeing how he comes on , i've a soft spot for gsd's but never thought about 1 crossed with a greyhound

thanks lads, :thumbs: not really a new x mate, they were about in the 70-80s, ive spoke to a steve barton who did very well with this x back then :thumbs: .They can make real good lurcher for most quarry :yes:

the pups a cracker looking forward to seeing how he comes on , i've a soft spot for gsd's but never thought about 1 crossed with a greyhound

thanks lads, :thumbs: not really a new x mate, they were about in the 70-80s, ive spoke to a steve barton who did very well with this x back then :thumbs: .They can make real good lurcher for most quarry :yes:

i've read about them in the past and the folk that have had them were happy with them just never been a cross i've looked into when looking for a new pup , you never know though might have 1 some day , looking forward to bucks updates on here