has any 1 had this problem

took my dog lamping he caught 3 or 4 rabbits he was fine the next night he runed 3 killed them but on the 4th he came back a bit lame on his front leg this happend just over a week ago and he is stilll a bit lame he has no cuts all his toes are fin and you can bend his leg and rist wich ever way you want and he does show no pain what do you think it could be

have u checked his feet will for thorns etc? could be a sprain i would let it rest and if that doesnt sort it i would let the vet take a look . my mate had bought a dog and on its first nights lamp it went lame on front leg he let it rest up and it came good lamped him again same thing lame again took it to the vet ended up the dog had broke his front outer toe before and it had heeled wrong and thats what was causeing the leg to be lame the toe had to be took off to sort it

• Like 1

if you value your dog then it's a trip to the vets. an xray should rule out alot of things. it could be loads of diffrent things and i'm not in a position to give advice on a dog i can'y see or touch nor is anyone on this forum for that matter.dogs are great liars when it comes to hunting. some can be in pain but show no sighs when the see a lamp just for a night out

the problem with running a dog with a fracture no matter how small may cause arthrities (spelling) in later life.

VETS

REST

REST

a fracture can occur without swelling. in fact the swelling occurs from damaged tissue around the bone. no damage to the tissue no swelling but the bone may be fractured. like i said take a trip to the vet if your not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

standard answer when you don't know haha

You're a sceptical sort of person aren't you! Damaged tendons or ligaments are often easy to diagnose if the person examining the dog knows what they are doing. And some of the really good 'back men' or canine osteopaths have a seemingly magical ability. Of course it isn't magic at all, but the result of years and years experience. A damaged tendon may feel thickened or harder than it should. Ditto a muscle: instead of smooth and springy it may feel lumpy or hard. Ligaments are a bit more difficult to diagnose as they are deeper inside, holding joints in place, but an experienced person can often see the result of stretched or torn ligaments when the joint feels unstable.

Don't underestimate the power of plain old REST either. There's many a soft tissue injury that simply needs a few weeks rest to heal itself. A lot of people think that a few days rest is all that a sprain needs. Wrong! A sprain, a real sprain where the ligaments are badly injured, needs up to 3 months rest. Ligaments have a very poor blood supply and it takes them ages to heal. IMO, a sprain is worse than a cleanly broken bone, which generally heals in around 6-8 weeks.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...