collie x

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i disagree a 3/4 collie would be ideal for some people and id like one my self but no one seems to breed them

run slower

My mutt is out of a pure Collie (dam) and a lurcher (sire) which also had plenty of Collie in him..this dog ain't a bad pot filler so don't be afraid to steer clear of what other's have..you may just

My mutt is out of a pure Collie (dam) and a lurcher (sire) which also had plenty of Collie in him..this dog ain't a bad pot filler so don't be afraid to steer clear of what other's have..you may just be surprised ;) ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Canon634.jpg

• Like 2

thanks people,well got a few mouths to think about it, and to see if anyones comes up with a good dog.i was thing whippit/gray but as she is cross i thought it might throw the collie out to much,, is this true,,??

What exactly is it that you want to do with a new pup?

thanks people,well got a few mouths to think about it, and to see if anyones comes up with a good dog.i was thing whippit/gray but as she is cross i thought it might throw the collie out to much,, is this true,,??

it'l still have 50% collie. 25% whippet ,25%grey if you use a 1x whippet / grey :thumbs:

• Like 1

few reason.iv had a few pups out of good parents but not allways made the grade, iv all so had pups out of shit dogs that have made the grade.iv got a 2 year bull x dog. and a 4 year bull x saluki x.bitch.,both doing what i want, but really want a coliie cross, so why not try,, iv got 2 hopes. i would want to keep at lest 2 pups. i really think she will bring good in to pups as she is a cracking dog, even if she wont pick up,, but she was not bread for that, and why not take a gamble, is it not always.

Edited by togzy10

few reason.iv had a few pups out of good parents but not allways made the grade, iv all so had pups out of shit dogs that have made the grade.iv got a 2 year bull x dog. and a 4 year bull x saluki x.bitch.,both doing what i want, but really want a coliie cross, so why not try,, iv got 2 hopes. i would want to keep at lest 2 pups. i really think she will bring good in to pups as she is a cracking dog, even if she wont pick up,, but she was not bread for that, and why not take a gamble, is it not always.

You said earlier that your still learning, if I we're you I wouldn't even think about keeping 2 pups let alone 3 ! stick with the 1, I've got two pups 9 months and 6 months and it's bloody hard work bringing them both on at the same time. I wouldnt do it again that's for sure. Just stick to the one pal

• Like 1

DONT BREED IT, no offense but do abit more in the trade see various dogs work on the quarry you hunt on the land you hunt and gain abit of experience. U can tell you ain't done much on needing opinions on what to put to UR dog. Novices shouldnt be breeding working lurchers there enough shit being put out there, leave it to the people who no Wat there doing. Buy pup in from dogs doing what you want and leave the breeding out.......,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

DONT BREED IT, no offense but do abit more in the trade see various dogs work on the quarry you hunt on the land you hunt and gain abit of experience. U can tell you ain't done much on needing opinions on what to put to UR dog. Novices shouldnt be breeding working lurchers there enough shit being put out there, leave it to the people who no Wat there doing. Buy pup in from dogs doing what you want and leave the breeding out.......,,,,,,,,,,,

Well said.

You are breeding for breedings sake. No wonder dog rescue kennels are full.

• Like 1

we agree lol :boogy: :boogy: