Single Ferret Box

After plenty of requests by members and a lot of deliberation and playing with various styles i have come up with a single box. For months i have tried to design and make a small carry box that is just right for a quick mooch but also cost efective to make.

I have made singles in the past which i have found to be a bit clumbersome and not well balnced whilst carrying up and down dale.I have also tried to recreate the old style kidney box, which takes far too much work in bending, glueing and forming thin flexi-ply.

So the simplist of solutions was to shrink my double box by around two thirds!!

This little box will carry an average sized hob giving him enough room to turn around, or comfortably carry a good sized jill whilst out on a quick mooch.

The size of the box can be increased by an inch or two depending on the size of ferret you have.

It weighs a barmy 975g and will take some abuse, a good light and strong little box.

£20 plus postage or collection can be arranged from keighley, west yorkshire

Boxes are made to order

box1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the pics but the i phone has the crappest camera ive ever used

• Like 1

That's a very nice box mate BUT with the air holes where they are the rain will drip drip drip onto the ferret on a shity day ... Maybe an idea to put them on either side of the box instead ..............

very nice ! :thumbs: after making my own box i know how long it takes and £20 is pennys for this amount of work not to mention the cost of materials !

Lol giving them away!! But your right by the time you have totted up the ply, glue, Finnish, furniture, strap there's not a lot left in it!!

And just when I get a double there's now singles......haha never mind! A cracking little box either way. Hope you do well with them atb.

Don't be bitter Liam a single wouldn't be any good for you!

A single box is ok for a quick mooch and that's about it, you can get your ferret, a good handful of nets and a locator all into a double box, and if you end up taking more ferrets you don't need another box with a double, much more versatile.

• 3 weeks later...