Badger Digging, Days Gone By.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not many remember what it was like to legally dig badger. I've only found one man who would tell me anything about otter. Soon it will be fox for you all too. Memories last a life time... but only one

Anti's do their bit without our help or with it. I like the books. That may be all there is left in a few years. Better to have the history. The anti's aren't loosing any ground with books not being p

. How sad is it that america Is going down that root the settelers brought hounds in and they have helped protect stock and put food in the pot since time in memorial these do gooders and and cow

f*****g hell more books havn't these boys written enough for the anti's

Anti's do their bit without our help or with it. I like the books. That may be all there is left in a few years. Better to have the history. The anti's aren't loosing any ground with books not being published. I haven't seen any books on Oregon bear and cougar hunting... Didn't stop the anti's from making it illegal.

I do agree that certain photos should stay out of the books. But just saying that is fuel for antis. Why live in fear?

"Eat, Drink and be merry for tomorrow the sport may be over."

• Like 6

I want to back up this statement with the fact that hound hunters are treated the same here as terriermen there. I know what rights can be taken away. I know what property and dogs can be taken away. I think educating by way of books written may actually be the best route to winning the fight. A hell of a lot better tactic than hiding the lifestyle til it dies.

The man who buried his talent in the bible comes to mind for those who read the bible.

• Like 1

I want to back up this statement with the fact that hound hunters are treated the same here as terriermen there. I know what rights can be taken away. I know what property and dogs can be taken away. I think educating by way of books written may actually be the best route to winning the fight. A hell of a lot better tactic than hiding the lifestyle til it dies.

The man who buried his talent in the bible comes to mind for those who read the bible.

True, years ago in California they banned hunting Lions, and the governer just signed a bill banning running Bear and Bobcat with hounds.

This will be the last hound season for Bears and Bobcats in California.

Now from what i understand if a warden sees your dogs running any of those species they have the right to put your dog down on the spot.

Edited by ivebeen

True, ddog to an extent. There's a certain point when flying under the radar is the same thing as slowly killing your way of life and any remembrance of it. I think good educational books could do a lot of good. Boys in America grew up reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "Fox and the Hound". Without those books most people outside the southern states wouldn't know a bit about hounds or the way of life. With those books, it is the only thing they know about it and it is all very positive. Good books are beneficial. Bad books are negative. It's up to the author to create something good or bad.

• Like 2

True, years ago in California they banned hunting Lions, and the governer just signed a bill banning running Bear and Bobcat with hounds.

This will be the last hound season for Bears and Bobcats in California.

Now from what i understand if a warden sees your dogs running any of those species they have the right to put your dog down on the spot.

. How sad is it that america Is going down that root the settelers brought hounds in and they have helped protect stock and put food in the pot since time in memorial these do gooders and and cow towing politicians are destroring a way of life. While their living the high life and fooking the enviroment.
  • Like 4

who needs books when you have your own memories :thumbs:

Not many remember what it was like to legally dig badger. I've only found one man who would tell me anything about otter. Soon it will be fox for you all too. Memories last a life time... but only one. Books last centuries. Most of you don't know half of what hunting could have been like for you if wildlife had been managed properly. The hunter's knowledge dies with him. If it isn't written it never happened.

• Like 11

So there must be someone on here that knows about the book.

Also is there not another Broadhurst book, a few off Darcy and another with a load of interviews with a good few Welsh and Irish lads/lasses?

Edited by Ripstop