Crap night

Just got back home been out lamping. Shouldn't have bothered but we were too keen. it was a clear sky, full moon and no wind what so Ever. Everything saw us coming a mile away.managed to bag a few rabbits and ad a few near misses. but overall not so good. Is it wrong to still try on clear night or is it best just to miss them. ?

Cons: You might educate your quarry, reduced catch rate.

Pros: You might catch stuff! You have no chance iof catching if you stay at home.

I don't think anyone would argue that dark, windy nights are the best hands down, and there is certainly nothing like a good night out on one of those nights. But all the same, we went out a few nights ago and it was much as you said, lots of moon, no wind, clear sky. We still managed to find a daft clapper that the dog trotted up to and plucked almost from it's seat, would have been one rabbit we wouldn't have had if we'd stayed in and that made it worth it. :D

• Like 2

i try not to go out windless and bright especially on my own permissions leaving uneducated quarry for the right night, it won't be long before we get the lampshy type posts or wary quarry...can't get my pup / dog a run, but sometimes on other ground a wee bit of sport and keeping the mutts fit certainly does not do too much harm, and in calm clear windless conditions better to get up early and out with the ferrets

Just got back home been out lamping. Shouldn't have bothered but we were too keen. it was a clear sky, full moon and no wind what so Ever. Everything saw us coming a mile away.managed to bag a few rabbits and ad a few near misses. but overall not so good. Is it wrong to still try on clear night or is it best just to miss them. ?

i like just walking the dogs when its like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,surprising what they find...................no slips just a mooch .....................as long as there is enough moon light so the dogs dont smash into things....................had some good nights............no lights just you and the dogs..............