nite site ns200 probs

Hi guys,

My local gun shop have lent me a ns200 to try for a couple of days to see before I buy.

I was going to give it a go tonight but I cant get the crosshairs to focus on the screen. I have tried to turn the lens as the book says but still cant get any focus, is there a trick to it or is that how they are as its not worth going out with it as I cant see where to aim.

Any help would be good.

Mark.

Right got it sorted. It has been lent out before and the lens felt like it was moving but it wasnt, so freed it off and got the crosshairs in focus.

Had a look around my yard and not to sure if its as good as I hoped yet.

Is the n550 a better tool?

The NS200 is better than n550 in my book, Much clearer natural picture on the nitesite. plus it does a better job at half the price.

ive used both and bought an ns200. The big decider for me was ease of swapping between rifles and not being limited by the low magnification on the n550. Had my ns200 over 6 months now and very pleased with it.

Edited by optelic2

Once it was sorted I went out for an hour with it and I didnt get on with it. The setup seemed a bit bulky and the screen was very bright in my face, I might as well had held a torch under my chin as the Rabbits saw my ugly mug lit up and ran anyway. Looking into the n550 or n750 now but have been told that the day shooting with them is not to good.

Mark.

Once it was sorted I went out for an hour with it and I didnt get on with it. The setup seemed a bit bulky and the screen was very bright in my face, I might as well had held a torch under my chin as the Rabbits saw my ugly mug lit up and ran anyway. Looking into the n550 or n750 now but have been told that the day shooting with them is not to good.

Mark.

I use pc screen material on my ns200 and have no problem with screen glare. its a much cheaper alternative to the n550 you will only end up buying a doubler if you buy one as they are only x4.5mag unless you pay out even more for the n750 :icon_eek: .

they don't like leupolds mind ,fine on ags and nightforce .all to do with lens coatings

Funny you should say that at longer ranges my ns200 performs better with my mtc viper as opposed to the Hawke panoramas i normally use on all my rifles. Ive also found i get on a bit better with a side parallex scope the reticle on the mtc's also seem to show up a little better than the panoramas which are very fine.

Nite Site are offering a free pack of screen filters to all members of

www.nightvisionforumuk.com

until October 9th. You simply have to get in touch and supply serial number of your Nite Site unit.

Click on the link in my signature to join.

George

Edited by PESCA
  • 2 weeks later...

I am well aware of what people say about the screen being bright, but it is only bright on maximum illumination settings, and you don't need that at 20 yards. A Bunny 200 yards away doesn't give a hoot how bright or ugly your face is.

Regardles of this NiteSIte do offer a screen filter set should you so desire!

And I sell it all if you are interested in buying a NS50 or NS200!

:D:thumbs: