Hoods

arcticgun

Grovsey1@hotmail.com I did see a Anglo he had on a bird and was a horrid fit tbh the gap round the eye was very big ,ken makes far better hoods

hi mate re the hood my mentor terry got me 1 from steve halsall and its amazing goes on straight away no messing about fits well and looks good!

i will have a look at kens hoods as im slowly building up a collection!

have had a look at kens hoods and gotta say they do look vey good!

atb mate stu

They say that if you fly a few birds in a cast, and for some reason one is being kept back not flying, then a hood is handy to fit on then.

I know there are some will say, why not put them in the travel box, but its just what Ive read.

Probably talking shite again, lol.

Grovsey1@hotmail.com I did see a Anglo he had on a bird and was a horrid fit tbh the gap round the eye was very big ,ken makes far better hoods

hi mate re the hood my mentor terry got me 1 from steve halsall and its amazing goes on straight away no messing about fits well and looks good!

atb mate stu

steve is a great guy and i know him well,i would also recommend steves hoods also

They say that if you fly a few birds in a cast, and for some reason one is being kept back not flying, then a hood is handy to fit on then.

I know there are some will say, why not put them in the travel box, but its just what Ive read.

Probably talking shite again, lol.

thats another good reason to hood a bird ,there are so many plus points than negative points

atb mate stu

steves one of the good guys bullseye. he's been making Hoods for many years and a guy I have always got on with, not spoken to him for a few years but trust me he is a real gent of the genuine old school type.

Grovesy got it in one about him :thumbs:.....

Don't get me wrong some hoods look the Dogs danglies but a good fitting hood is everything in making a bird to the Hood, there's some blocked hoods I have used in the past that look great but either sit high on the birds head or slope pretty sharp at the back with some tending to pinch the knape feathers. I have some old school mollen hoods here that I personaly think are a wonderfull fit on certain species, I wouldn't part with them for anything :thumbs: ......

yeah he seemed a nice bloke i meet him at 1 of the fairs i went to early in the year and my mentor swears by his stuff :)

ive been using his hood for about 5 days now and so so so much better !! fits perfect looks good and she takes to it very well!!

atb stu

thanks for all the suggestions lads, Ive still not ordered as yet :icon_redface: sizing etc been a nightmare, spoke to Ben Long today he reckons around a size '96' so gonna look online and order one or two tomorow , then next month take bord and get one purpose made for him, likely still use the others when in field, maybe looking too order a cheaper one off Falconry Fabrications, see me over until I get one fitted, thanks again lads :thumbs:

btw is there more than one sizing scale for hood makers??

It seems that way arctic :thumbs:. I have some here numbered 7 for my old male Gos upto 11 for a female and others witch goes up on 100's, one says 102... Its all pretty confuseing to me but could well be down to the blocks used.

I think Grovsey is the man to talk to about this, would beinteresting to find this one out myself as I'm totaly in the dark.......

to confuse things even more I have one I just took out of the cuboard which is recent which has 58 in it, fits the female Peregrine....

btw is there more than one sizing scale for hood makers??

It seems that way arctic :thumbs:. I have some here numbered 7 for my old male Gos upto 11 for a female and others witch goes up on 100's, one says 102... Its all pretty confuseing to me but could well be down to the blocks used.

I think Grovsey is the man to talk to about this, would beinteresting to find this one out myself as I'm totaly in the dark.......

to confuse things even more I have one I just took out of the cuboard which is recent which has 58 in it, fits the female Peregrine....

cheers jasper, I suppose someone will come along with the right answer lol he doin ok without the hood, which is good , he manned up really well from the off though, but Ive noticed just how many times it could of been useful in the last few outings, never used one with my harris , but in future would make any bird to the hood, always gunna be a day ot will come in handy

sizing it all down to the hood maker but the principle is the same as a hood goes up 2% everytime ,what ever way the advertise them is upto them .i live nr steve and he does make a really nice fitting hood not all tassles and bells on them but fit is so important