hi all , i bought this hoof handled knife with the intention of using the handle in a new blade but this hasn't happened , so was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea as to what to ask for it ,it measures roughly 8 3/4 " in total the blade 3 3/4 " , i would like a nice knife i can use for dressing rabbits post-59809-0-94368200-1348072158.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i make knives under a tenner "reddawn" has one here waiting to be pictured , we used to be proud of british made stuff and pay a little more for knowing it was made well and the money stayed in the co

or get one custom made from a british bladesmith knife maker !! the blades on both are the same steel i use alot ! and it can be made to measure to fit your hand and budget ! just an idea .

I have bought a couple of blades of matt for a fiver ..... Can't buy a Stanley for that ! And they are quality blades put a new edge on them no problem .

Posted Images

I have one of those knives here, I got it about 35 years ago as a kid... To be honest a tenner is at the top end of its value as a working knife, they are pretty poor grade, poss Spanish made and deffo not Solingen.

Only its age or its novelty (why it was made in the first place) would, to the right person, increase its value.

thanks guys , just fed up with it sitting in the drawer going to sell it to buy an opinel knife for cleaning the rabbits while ferreting

If you want a knife for rabbits look no further than a carbon blade Opinel (for me the No6 or 7)

http://www.outdoorgb...locking_knives/

Or if you prefer a fixed blade look at the Mora

http://www.workshoph...CFeTLtAod3RkAYw

http://www.greenmanb...bon-clipper.htm

Oh and in my opinion avoid any 'part serrated' blade like the plague!!

Edited by masmiffy

or get one custom made from a british bladesmith knife maker !!

the blades on both are the same steel i use alot ! and it can be made to measure to fit your hand and budget !

just an idea .

Great idea and good advertising if can you make a knife for less than a tenner!!

I would love a custom knife but would be afraid to lose it, at less than £10 the above are much less of a worry.

Mind if I was offered a free sample knife to show all my mates how good the british bladesmith was then I may consider it :whistling:

Just a thought :thumbs:

Hi Midnight

Just been browsing and saw your stunning blades in a post called paunching knives lots of pics :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by masmiffy

i make knives under a tenner "reddawn" has one here waiting to be pictured , we used to be proud of british made stuff and pay a little more for knowing it was made well and the money stayed in the counrty it was produced in .

iv got a freebey to for "torchy" as he was saying that a cheap stainles knife he had was unbeatable in terms of edge and retention .

the more suport i can get the more i can make the more i make the cheaper they get !

i am working on something now that will give mora a run for its money, and will be from british steel and suplies and made by hand but at affordable prices so you dont have to worry about loosing it .

iv said it before for rabbit fellas a stainley knife with retractable blade and carpet blades(they are gut hook shaped) will take some beating you can get them anywhere under £10 .

my knifes, todate are not made for need more for want , and within that is the luxary of quality .

beleave me no body is more skint than me 2 years unemployed with no benifits , so i know its hard , but if you want nice stuff in life there is only two ways to get it i spose ?

as for advertising , i just dont have the £10k a year to cover it yet , one day tho i will .

thanks for the compliments about my knives , i stand behind them and hope they serve you all well .

il will stand a few country shows next year so maybe i can meet some of you, shake your hand , and maybe convince you all to stop buying the stuff from abroad ?

• Like 6

I have been down the 'stanley' route and the snap blade route for rabbits but there is something about a good knife that feels right.

Knives in your previous post are very good there is no doubt and the finished ones look superb.

I really hope this takes off for you, you def have the ability to produce great looking stuff.

Personally I do prefer a folding blade but have never found a 'small' fixed blade that I have liked the shape of. (the blade in particular)

i make knives under a tenner "reddawn" has one here waiting to be pictured , we used to be proud of british made stuff and pay a little more for knowing it was made well and the money stayed in the counrty it was produced in .

iv got a freebey to for "torchy" as he was saying that a cheap stainles knife he had was unbeatable in terms of edge and retention .

the more suport i can get the more i can make the more i make the cheaper they get !

i am working on something now that will give mora a run for its money, and will be from british steel and suplies and made by hand but at affordable prices so you dont have to worry about loosing it .

iv said it before for rabbit fellas a stainley knife with retractable blade and carpet blades(they are gut hook shaped) will take some beating you can get them anywhere under £10 .

my knifes, todate are not made for need more for want , and within that is the luxary of quality .

beleave me no body is more skint than me 2 years unemployed with no benifits , so i know its hard , but if you want nice stuff in life there is only two ways to get it i spose ?

as for advertising , i just dont have the £10k a year to cover it yet , one day tho i will .

thanks for the compliments about my knives , i stand behind them and hope they serve you all well .

il will stand a few country shows next year so maybe i can meet some of you, shake your hand , and maybe convince you all to stop buying the stuff from abroad ?

I have bought a couple of blades of matt for a fiver ..... Can't buy a Stanley for that ! And they are quality blades put a new edge on them no problem .

• Like 1