Hi

I fancy making a few Walking sticks,so here's the dilemma,should I buy hazel sticks that are a1 grade and treated? If so where is the best place to buy them? The other question.is willow any good when seasoned? I have a willow plantation on one of my shooting permissions and there is thousands of sticks as straight as a arrow,I have plenty of she'd antlers for handles knocking about,and a final question ,if you don't mind,can you speed up the drying process of the freshly cut sticks by putting them in my boiler room at work it is constantly at 50/60 degrees but not much humidity infact ten mins and that's enough even this time of year it's that warm,

Thanks

http://www.highlandhorn.com/natural-shanks/9.htm

On holiday just now, but to get you going i'd just buy from here when he is back.

Re-your own shanks

You have the chance of splitting the shanks by putting them in a boiler room to try and dry out.

To be honest any shank will do, but Hazel, Blackthorn, Holly and Ash tend to prove to be the best.