whats the law on releasing deer

Muntjac can only be released within one mile of where they where taken if you dont have a licence but the animal welfare act may make this illegal as the release site would have to be correct and if it has muntjac on it already they could be causing the animal stress or others stress by releasing it then they are breaking the law they would also need permission from the land owner even if it council or publicly owned. animal charities have been breaking the laws for years when they try and save any deer after a rta as the deer act say quite clearly that a deer should be dispatch if the animal is going to suffer any more stress then it is already in, and I can not think of one wild animal let alone deer that are happy and dont become less stressed when we pick them up. Where are these muntjac coming from that they are releasing this could help answer the question a bit more.

Anywhere private requires the land owners permission before entry although the welfare people overlook this on most occasions until found out..The estates i know of would deal with it themselves and despatch or release according to circumstance.Public or council owned land ,highways etc is where the majority of casualties are taken into care from .Indigenous species are to be returned to the wild as soon as they are well enough and at the exact location they were found but as far as im aware muntjac are still non indigenous and supposed to be destroyed if found injured .There are many animals and birds on this list that the welfare orgs ignore and that includes grey squirrels believe it or not .

There is a law that state anyone can kill a wild animal on private or council/public land if the animal is injured if they believe the land owner would give permission to do so, it does not cover the taking of the animal as this would be theft, The land owner would have to be informed at the soonest possible time as he would be responsible for the carcass and it is against the law to leave any animal above ground if it has been killed by un natural causes . I have not seen the list of animals that cannot be released of late but muntjac where not on it. but the deer act does stop the muntjac from being helped as I stated above but if the deer is stuck in a fence and uninjured you could get away with releasing the muntjac as the amount of stress the animal is in is likely to decline very quickly if you covered its head while cutting the fence. Trespass is not a criminal act it is a civil case unless done with a fire arm or in pursuit of game.

There is a law that state anyone can kill a wild animal on private or council/public land if the animal is injured if they believe the land owner would give permission to do so, it does not cover the taking of the animal as this would be theft, The land owner would have to be informed at the soonest possible time as he would be responsible for the carcass and it is against the law to leave any animal above ground if it has been killed by un natural causes . I have not seen the list of animals that cannot be released of late but muntjac where not on it. but the deer act does stop the muntjac from being helped as I stated above but if the deer is stuck in a fence and uninjured you could get away with releasing the muntjac as the amount of stress the animal is in is likely to decline very quickly if you covered its head while cutting the fence. Trespass is not a criminal act it is a civil case unless done with a fire arm or in pursuit of game.

is the muntjac not classed as a non native species and as such must be dispatched upon capture like signal crays and so on :hmm: