Lion hunting

The only reason i asked is that in my experience, and yes I have pot hunted and worked briefly on a hunting concession in mozambique, hunting in Africa is as varied as hunting is over here. Obviously the canned hunts happen but the other side of the coin are the very large managed hunting concessions that rely on the sale of trophy hunts to maintain themselves. They obviously provide important habitat for the entire eco system in exchange for the loss of low numbers of individual animals.

I guess what im trying to say is that its best to base opinions on either experience or genuine information rather than tarring such a wide range of activities with the same brush. We have all seen the results of that in this country,

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion hunting in South Africa is a farce. Probably one of the most over rated degrading hunting being legally undertaken in modern times. Totally prefabricated. I have undertaken such hunts and am not

Would my hw80 be ok ill see if our lass will lend me the money.

What you never killed a lion like that?!? Thats just how we roll here in yorkshire!

Most of us have opinions as hunters we are entitled to even if we haven't been to S.A

But canned hunting of doped up endangered species is hardly sport is it? It's not exactly getting rid of a problem fox, or feeding the kids a rabbit stew is it?

Get real, if you disagree with this insult to the natural environment, that does NOT make you an anti.

Edited by marticus

Most of us have opinions as hunters we are entitled to even if we haven't been to S.A

But canned hunting of doped up endangered species is hardly sport is it? It's not exactly getting rid of a problem fox, or feeding the kids a rabbit stew is it?

Get real, if you disagree with this insult to the natural environment, that does NOT make you an anti.

I think you'll find i wasnt defending canned hunting at all, i also do not think that is what the OP is offering. Neither would i defend some of the practices carried out in this country which are seen by the general public as hunting. Basically you cannot write off any type of hunting based upon the actions of the degenerate few. It would be like saying everyone with an air rifle spends their time shooting cats in gardens or swans in the park or everyone with a lurcher runs deer down with subarus beforing heaving a bullx out the window. Yes, it does happen but its not how the majority of hunters operate. If you start thinking like that you are no better than those brainwashed by LACS in this country.

Has anyone defended canned hunting? no! just saying that if you have no knowledge of a subject and simply use 1 example of an abuse to class a whole section of hunting as wrong and if you preach as fact about a subject you know little about then you are, in some ways, acting very similar to an anti. For the majority of fieldsports enthusiasts in the uk the over riding motivation is not pest control or rabbit stew, if it were then hunting /shooting rights would not be worth so much nor fiercely protected!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Get that Ian Harford sent (TEAM WILD!) with his big bore airrifle, he will shoot it drugged or not then make out it was the hardest stalk of his life,

Most of what he shoots is a matter of walk up to 20yrds and pull the trigger I mean most 5 year olds could do it, I just wonder what he gets paid, and the other two numpties are something else I wont even start with Keith wowsers!! his eyes have minds of their own dont even know how he can focus them down a scope :huh::laugh::tongue2: .

Anyway point is $25k would be the most expensive pellet in history surely.

I would pay $25k to listen to his screams when the lion charged him.. it was funny enough with that bull in scotland.

Edited by engraver