Rabbits wanted......

martin

Just to put things into a little perspective I am around £30-£40k in the hole at the moment,and I don't expect to see any real profit for at least a couple of years,I don't even pay myself at the moment and I have set my prices at a level to keep myself from being lumped in with the likes of the chap that sells them down the local etc. I admire anyone that makes a few extra quid these days as times are very hard,and as I said I have spent an awful lot of money setting up this new business and I have no worries at all about people that think I overcharge as I haven't got a gun to anybody's head.

Thanks Bob,how's things going mate?

Martin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everybody has overheads ... diesel to get to your permission buying long nets and purse nets every few years batteries for the locator and box feeding the dogs and ferrets electric needed for lightin

I sell them for £4.50 each or 3 for £10 ,this is not a hobby for me bud it's my livelihood,so you must be wearing a mask as well if you are indeed selling them for the same price,but i have a hell of

WELL PUT SOCKS!!!!!!!!. i'd rather feed them to the dogs than sell them at that price. not having a go at you mate but it is hard work crawling about on your hands and knees getting stung by nettles t

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I need to get some Rabbits in the Somerset/Wilts area(will collect for numbers)and I will pay £1 paunched in the jacket or £2 if they are paunched/skinned/aicht bones split and arseholes cleaned.

Any Rabbits must be fresh,I will take frozen if they are cleaned as I mentioned.If you have a regular supply I will give you large plastic bags to freeze them in.I am also after a regular supply of pigeons too,and I pay 20p each fresh.....not frozen.

Please pm me .................Martin

Martin after reading and rereading the thread and wholeheartly agree about you needing to make money etc.

Your request for pauched rabbits has a huge problem as a lincenced gamedealer and under the small game section your should be taking in rabbits with guts for you or your staff to do the set out checks on the intestine .

We all know this never happens but I think you need to rethink posting that request on a open forum as if the agency looks into and find this topic it could put your business under scutinty .

Just a friendly bit of advice Cookie :thumbs:

You can only sell a rabbit for the money people are willing to pay, I get a £1 for mine or I barter them for pet mince e.g. beef chicken and tripe. If i could sell them for more I would...........................The local game dealer gives you 50p or less. Good luck with your enterprise Martin :thumbs:

I think it all depends on how much time you have and the amount you catch if your catch 5000 a year like SOCKS then I think you struggle to process skin etc

I catch 2000 a year ish and for sure dont have time to skin that amount but I do get more that a pound a coney £2 pauched .

I got clients who pay a £5 a coney skinned and do 50 or 60 a year .

ATB Cookie

I need to get some Rabbits in the Somerset/Wilts area(will collect for numbers)and I will pay £1 paunched in the jacket or £2 if they are paunched/skinned/aicht bones split and arseholes cleaned.

Any Rabbits must be fresh,I will take frozen if they are cleaned as I mentioned.If you have a regular supply I will give you large plastic bags to freeze them in.I am also after a regular supply of pigeons too,and I pay 20p each fresh.....not frozen.

Martin after reading and rereading the thread and wholeheartly agree about you needing to make money etc.

Your request for pauched rabbits has a huge problem as a lincenced gamedealer and under the small game section your should be taking in rabbits with guts for you or your staff to do the set out checks on the intestine .

We all know this never happens but I think you need to rethink posting that request on a open forum as if the agency looks into and find this topic it could put your business under scutinty .

I like this comment but that is not always the case if the person has a small game certificate then the dealer does not need to inspect the guts as the certificated person has to do this if sold with out the guts.

But you need to have a small game cert to sell to a game dealer anyway if a dealer is taking rabbits from a hunter he should have his small game ticket number to log against the quarry I thought unless since my training it has changed all small game has to be supply with guts unlike the large game when at galloch you as the trained hunter inspects and signs the ticket at the gamedealers to say the carcass had no internal defects .

ATB Cookie

when i done mine you can only sell to a dealer if you dont have a certificate and you have to leave the guts in so they can be checked for health. if you do have a certificate you can sell up to 10,000 small game animals to food outlets or the public. and the rules are the same for deer other then the numbers which is up to 300 animals regardless of size. I also was a game dealer I was paying £1 for a rabbit and if the rabbit was gutted and oven ready I would give £3 I sold at £4 or 2 at £6.50 to the public I was inspected by environmental health a few times and as I got larger I was inspected by meat and hygiene and not once did they say I could not buy rabbit oven ready from hunters as long as I had there certificate number and kept records of it.