keeping hobs together all year around

no1ale

Do you introduce new hobs during the winter or do you just stick them in when ever and let them sort things out

To be honest i don't introduce a lot of new hobs mate, but the last ones, just went in the main court with their mum, when i stuck them all together again for the winter, and thats usually how i do it.

If i bought in a hob kit, over summer, it would go in with the jills, not hobs and then meet the older hobs in winter when they all went in together

Hope that makes sense.

Do you introduce new hobs during the winter or do you just stick them in when ever and let them sort things out

To be honest i don't introduce a lot of new hobs mate, but the last ones, just went in the main court with their mum, when i stuck them all together again for the winter, and thats usually how i do it.

If i bought in a hob kit, over summer, it would go in with the jills, not hobs and then meet the older hobs in winter when they all went in together

Hope that makes sense.

Yeh makes sence. Thanks

I made the mistake many years ago to put a father and son together in breeding season the son gave his father some serious man love an the bone in his penis broke and came through the skin it then turned green luckily a vet sorted the problem,but he could not mate as he had to have his penis took off mostly. BIG LESSON LEARNT!!

Edited by ferret1988

I`ve had a few kept together and have had the odd scrap. At the mo I have an intact hob and a vasectomised hob. They are split as I don`t want to risk injury to the snipped boy, he`s too valuable !lol

Tbh I think this is mostly a suck it and see situation, try them and see how they get on. It works for plenty folk,