paunching knives lots of pics

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok all these are made from engineering files 8mm thick , they all have been forged shaped heat treated and tempered then ground to finish , they all have acid etch patterns and tapered tangs down to a

wrong

i sent one earlier

ha ha i have two finnished damascus knives one expensive and one stupid expensive !

got some other goodies to tho that i think folks will like .

i just need to apoligise to any one waiting on blanks , iv had some logistic issues today and a bloody scaffold team turn up and cover the house , the land lord dint think to tell us we are haveing a new roof . so its been a slow day .

i have 9 mini blanks cut heat treated and started the grind but i have run out of steam today as iv been up til 3 am working twice this week and im knackered so im gonna get up early and get them done . there is dibs on the the stick tangs as one poor guy has paid today for them and i have let him down and not got finnished .

sorry everyone , i will catch up tomorrow .

ps i cant wait to picture all this weeks work some are the best i have ever done the rest are just behind the best ! all in i think i have finnished + sheathed 5 and done 12 blanks !

il photo the lot today guys , iv been up sinc 5am so should get finnished on most stuff in a few hours .

there has been lots of intrest already in everything iv made this week , i should have said i have a medium bushcrafter with beautiful burl oak handle brass pins and lanyard tube and a proper sheath with brass fittings to articulate it also, it not a full size knife its safe in my big old fat hands but would suit a smaller hand , lads junior or ladies hand and it is beautiful and a proper bush knife as the spec of allen woods / ray mears original spec .

• 2 weeks later...

Had my blade out on a rabbiting job last week and it performed to the standard you would expect from one of mats knives ... Razor sharp and fits nicely in the hand with a lovely balance to the knife ... Just the right size for paunching game ... I am going to use it next week for some deer skinning I will need to do and I reckons the size and weight of this little beauty will be spot on for the job ... Once again mat thank you for a fantastically well made knife ............

thanks ken it really is great to know these where right for you guys , i think they had charm etc but its even better to know they do there intended job well to !!

i skinned a dog fox last night with a knife i made a few years back , and i was think i need a new one for my self i reckon , i might well make one of those little paunchers to !