paunching knives lots of pics

ok all these are made from engineering files 8mm thick , they all have been forged shaped heat treated and tempered then ground to finish , they all have acid etch patterns and tapered tangs down to aprox 1mm . they are sharp and ready to use with sheaths i made last knight .

handle materials are buffalo horn and a peice of my own burl oak that i have resinated to keep it strong . all have brass pins also .

steve temple has ask for first refusal on these but once he has made his choice the rest will be available at £45 each recorded delivery to you door .

ok lots of pics i will let you enjoy them , the first picture shopws my anvil and one of the files this lot began life as .

2012_0913paunchers0024.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0022.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0007.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0005.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0001.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0015.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0014.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0013.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0012.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0011.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0010.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0008.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0016.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0017.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0018.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0019.jpg

2012_0913paunchers0020.jpg

all the best , matt

• Like 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok all these are made from engineering files 8mm thick , they all have been forged shaped heat treated and tempered then ground to finish , they all have acid etch patterns and tapered tangs down to a

wrong

i sent one earlier

they are seriously impressive blades matey, an i got a feeling they be even better in the flesh so to speak lol a tad too fancy for me tho, its not the price i got a problem with, 45 aint a great deal for a nice knife with a handmade sheath, but im afraid they are just too nice for me, id feel bad if i lost it, not cos a the money i had spent, but more to do with the work you have obviously put in to them, will you be doing any plainer ones? like i already said, very nice an a decent price, they wont be around for long :thumbs:

thanks fellas iv got some plainer ones in the heat treat as i type , once the forge is at heat il sort them out , might have something more to see by tonight !

thanks again guys

seriously sorry for being a pest, but what the smallest ye could mae a blade?? before it becomes too fiddly or a pain in arse, ideally id like summat just big enuff an no more to nip a bunnys belly open so i can get guts out, thats it, i get stopped by police a lot whilst they check my permission slips an like, an always getting searched, seems most cops know me now, but everynow an again ye get a new face that wants to make ye life difficult

thanks fellas iv got some plainer ones in the heat treat as i type , once the forge is at heat il sort them out , might have something more to see by tonight !

thanks again guys

seriously sorry for being a pest, but what the smallest ye could mae a blade?? before it becomes too fiddly or a pain in arse, ideally id like summat just big enuff an no more to nip a bunnys belly open so i can get guts out, thats it, i get stopped by police a lot whilst they check my permission slips an like, an always getting searched, seems most cops know me now, but everynow an again ye get a new face that wants to make ye life difficult

Oh you must look a suspicious one :whistling:

I cant remember' in over 30 years' ever being asked for a permission letter or being searched!

Have had the police helicopter light me up and the armed response a few times cos people have called them out but they always have been fine!

thanks again guys

Oh you must look a suspicious one :whistling:

I cant remember' in over 30 years' ever being asked for a permission letter or being searched!

Have had the police helicopter light me up and the armed response a few times cos people have called them out but they always have been fine!

we get a lot of poachers from outside the area coming in mate, an the cops are on top here, even the military police will stop ye here if they see ye way a dog an lamp, i dont mind getting stopped, they usually know me an dont bother searching or looking at me slips, but sometimes ye get a new face or a jobsworth :thumbs:

thanks again guys

just use a back claw :laugh:

thanks again guys

i got 1 here i just cant use it :icon_redface: i am using a wee tiny knife on me pair a leatherman micra's just noo :laugh::icon_redface:

thanks again guys

i got 1 here i just cant use it :icon_redface: i am using a wee tiny knife on me pair a leatherman micra's just noo :laugh::icon_redface:

ive only managed it a couple of times and at night youve got no chance :laugh: i need a knife with elastic attached like kiddies mittons as i loose them all the time :icon_redface:

thanks again guys

ive only managed it a couple of times and at night youve got no chance :laugh: i need a knife with elastic attached like kiddies mittons as i loose them all the time :icon_redface:

i got some serious assorment a knifes here i been bought over the years, most are scattered about the shed or in with fishing tackle i never use, i have had umpteen of them bear claw thinsg bought for me, an all because folks know i gut bunnys :icon_redface: can ye scrap cheap tacky knifes anywhere :laugh: