paunching knives lots of pics

thanks fellas iv got some plainer ones in the heat treat as i type , once the forge is at heat il sort them out , might have something more to see by tonight !

thanks again guys

seriously sorry for being a pest, but what the smallest ye could mae a blade?? before it becomes too fiddly or a pain in arse, ideally id like summat just big enuff an no more to nip a bunnys belly open so i can get guts out, thats it, i get stopped by police a lot whilst they check my permission slips an like, an always getting searched, seems most cops know me now, but everynow an again ye get a new face that wants to make ye life difficult

just use a back claw :laugh:

i got 1 here i just cant use it :icon_redface: i am using a wee tiny knife on me pair a leatherman micra's just noo :laugh::icon_redface:

ive only managed it a couple of times and at night youve got no chance :laugh: i need a knife with elastic attached like kiddies mittons as i loose them all the time :icon_redface:

i got some serious assorment a knifes here i been bought over the years, most are scattered about the shed or in with fishing tackle i never use, i have had umpteen of them bear claw thinsg bought for me, an all because folks know i gut bunnys :icon_redface: can ye scrap cheap tacky knifes anywhere :laugh:

ask lurcher1 :whistling:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok all these are made from engineering files 8mm thick , they all have been forged shaped heat treated and tempered then ground to finish , they all have acid etch patterns and tapered tangs down to a

wrong

i sent one earlier

thanks fellas iv got some plainer ones in the heat treat as i type , once the forge is at heat il sort them out , might have something more to see by tonight !

thanks again guys

seriously sorry for being a pest, but what the smallest ye could mae a blade?? before it becomes too fiddly or a pain in arse, ideally id like summat just big enuff an no more to nip a bunnys belly open so i can get guts out, thats it, i get stopped by police a lot whilst they check my permission slips an like, an always getting searched, seems most cops know me now, but everynow an again ye get a new face that wants to make ye life difficult

just use a back claw :laugh:

i got 1 here i just cant use it :icon_redface: i am using a wee tiny knife on me pair a leatherman micra's just noo :laugh::icon_redface:

ive only managed it a couple of times and at night youve got no chance :laugh: i need a knife with elastic attached like kiddies mittons as i loose them all the time :icon_redface:

i got some serious assorment a knifes here i been bought over the years, most are scattered about the shed or in with fishing tackle i never use, i have had umpteen of them bear claw thinsg bought for me, an all because folks know i gut bunnys :icon_redface: can ye scrap cheap tacky knifes anywhere :laugh:

ask lurcher1 :whistling:

:laugh:

You don't need a Knife for gutting, I always squeeze the guts out of Rabbits these days, with the Knife laws being what they are! It isn't hard with practice.

i watched a video showing that only thing was it took him 3 attempts and i wouldnt fancy doing a hundred or more in one go :laugh:

You don't need a Knife for gutting, I always squeeze the guts out of Rabbits these days, with the Knife laws being what they are! It isn't hard with practice.

i watched a video showing that only thing was it took him 3 attempts and i wouldnt fancy doing a hundred or more in one go :laugh:

And if it was the one I saw he was built like a brick s#it house ..... :)

smalest knife i can make would be tiny , the handle would be the largest part . i think i would need to make a straight cutting edge on it for grinding my end and so you can get a new edge when you need it .

the blades on them lethermans are crap i dont know how you cope ?

here is another option for you i have some ORANGE kydex and could sheath it in that and maybe handle it in the same you would strugle to loose it then !!

i have done 5 small stick tang blanks today hoping one of those might be what ypour looking for but sounds like you want something differant again !

il wipe of the buffing wax on this lot and take some pics see if anyone wants a go at making there own stick tang pauncher ?

2012_0913podfkfkjjrsg0018.jpg

2012_0913podfkfkjjrsg0016.jpg

2012_0913podfkfkjjrsg0022.jpg

2012_0913podfkfkjjrsg0019.jpg

this lot are also available cheap but they are heat treateed and tempered and ground sharp . just drill a peice of suitable wood fill the hole with apoxi and fit the tang in there , a little shaping you have a paunching knife , im happy to finnish any of these with handle and sheath if anyone wants ?

all the best , matt.

Not been on for a while,

I would like the not yet sold one please matt.

Also how much would it be to handle one of the second batch with a matching falconry spike bud?

Drop me a pm please.

Did you ever get any small hatchets done?

Cheers

Mike.

thanks mike sold to you then . i have sent a pm .

i will have a go a "claw" today for you lot . you know that this lat are very day legal carry knives dont you ? even if the law search you , there well under 3" il have a play today but its gotta be the last time with out some sort of deposit , if you dont like it iv got to find someone else that will !

once iv posted all this lot away i will have another go then see what can come from the workshop

just one of the paunchers left and one of the small file blades guys , waidman bough a differant knife in the end so its still for grabs

. i have a few more for you later or tommorow , and the bloody weird ones for you ads above ha ha . i couldnt do a tooth but did something similar , and one with a 1" blade for MR bloody difficalt :)