the ability of the bull x as a alrounder

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the right hands they can be trained to do pretty much anything any other cross can do .The problem is that 75% of bull crosses have probably got more brains and sense than their owners so dont get

Bringing on my young dog this season.. can’t wait to start showing him bits and pieces, most forward dog I’ve ever owned. He’s currently 28” tts I’d say he’s done growing. Plenty of pace and very swit

This terrier first cross made 28. ?

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Well sully doesn't say it's a 1st cross, hence my question ?

Also NEVER seen a 28" 1st cross bull/greyhound, nor know anyone that has, unless it's a mastiff type cross greyhound, which sully's dog certainly doesn't look like ?

Most definitely a first cross pal, coursing Bitch used, can show ya the ped if you like

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I had a first cross Wheaton make 28 inches. All down to the greyhound you use as you already know. ?

What type of 'bull' blood was it sully, bull terrier or bull mastiff? 

Nice dog either way, but I've NEVER heard of a 28" 1st cross bull 'terrier' greyhound ?

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Nice dog either way, but I've NEVER heard of a 28" 1st cross bull 'terrier' greyhound ?

Some of them coursing bred greyhound bitches can go over 30 inches shaark. 

19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Pit bull pal.. sideshow bob is his father

17 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Some of them coursing bred greyhound bitches can go over 30 inches shaark. 

I know, I've owned a couple ?

But when it cones to 1st cross bull types, even the bigger types normally make 25 -27. 

Not saying sully's dog is anything less, but 1st cross?

Edited by shaaark
16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I know, I've owned a couple ?

But when it cones to 1st cross bull types, even the bigger types normally make 25 -27. 

Not saying sully's dog is anything less, but 1st cross?

Yes first cross ? I can show you pictures of this miraculous mating happening if you want ? all the pups are big animals to be honest, think the smallest is a bitch at 25” tts

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I’d would of been happy with 25 26 but you get what you get. 

to right as long as the dog work's.that's the main thing..he's got some shoulder's and neck on him..

On 09/10/2019 at 21:23, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Bull blood from real deal dogs, coupled with coursing greyhounds of a decent size, have the vigour to throw strong and good sized animals which makes sense with crossing two such powerful and healthy animals. 

I'm sure he'll do you proud ?

you think so mate on paper, but as soon as you put the greyhound in to the mix, you loose stamina and agility .  the greyhound bred for speed nothing else, apbt bred for  power ,agilty, and grit , the attributes  of the bulldog , go down once it bred to another breed. i had 3 pitx greys all good dogs, 2  3/8 pit 5/8 and a 1/4 pit 3/4 grey, the latter was fastest , the other bit more grit in them, but all lacked proper stamina for long hard night running, this was all on foot, not out of a motor . you deff need another breed in the mix, either saluki , or drop wheaten , to give better wind . the best i ever seen was 1x staff x grey tug, his wind was not bad for his x , but lacked agilty if he couldn't strike his fox quick , but he had heart to try to run all night . this was in the 80s, seeing him made me like bullxs .