FAC Shotgun

Hi guys its been a while,

I went for a variation last month for a semi auto fac shotgun and my cert came back today. I'm unsure if my certificate came back correct though as it states under the Firearms authorised to be purchased or acquired 12 BORE SHOTGUN but under the ammo section it does not mention anything about shotgun cartridges. Should it mention anything as l am not sure whether this is an error or not on my local firearms departments part or that this is the norm for a FAC shotgun?

cheers Callum

no limit on shotgun carts in the uk infact its not illegal to own them without a license only to buy them :icon_eek:

see we're differant , we have a limit and they can only be held if you have a licence . are shotties are on fac as well

• Like 1

no limit on shotgun carts in the uk infact its not illegal to own them without a license only to buy them :icon_eek:

thanks for the replies guys,

So were would l stand on buying them Paulus considering it does not state anything on shotgun shells on my firearm certificate in the ammunition section?

cheers Callum

see we're differant , we have a limit and they can only be held if you have a licence . are shotties are on fac as well

Hi chid21

I asked specifically for a multishot semi auto firearm certificate shotgun hence the reason mine is on firearm cert.

cheers Callum

Hi chid21

I asked specifically for a multishot semi auto firearm certificate shotgun hence the reason mine is on firearm cert.

cheers Callum

aye i know :laugh: i worded my sentance wrong i was just making a point in the differances in our licensing systems lol , even though ours are on fac you still have to permission to have a shotgun thats more than 3 shot, its crazy the differances ,

Provided you have a Shotgun authorised on your Firearms Certificate, present that when asked to by your Firearms dealer.

There is no offence of possessing shotgun cartridges without certificate and the authority to purchase them is under the terms of your FAC.

As said, there is no limit to the amount of cartridges you can possess or acquire at any one time like there is for rifle ammunition. At least I've never known that restriction from people I know to have FAC shotguns.

I imagine it would different for S.1 ammunition such as slugs where a number for acquire and store would appear.

Sportingshooter is correct,

I have both an SGC and an FAC I also have a variation for slugs on my FAC. The slugs are limited, buy 250 keep 300 on my ticket in the same way as rifle ammo. I got My Shot gun cert years before my FAC so I am afraid I don't know about buying standard cartridges with an FAC as I have always used my SGC.

Cheers

Jonno