Pigeon breast

• 3 weeks later...

I love pigeon breast and best of all my little boy helps me pluck, breast and cook them. Proper little hunter he's going to be.

I just pull feathers apart and put my thumb and finger through the skin and push down to expose meat then cut each side of the breast bone and fry salt and pepper nothing better! I've got a two and a half year old girl and she eats venison, pigeon rabbit and any thing else I catch or shoot. ATB.

Best way I find of getting the pigeon breast out is by breaking and twisting of the wings then my thumb under the breast bone and pull out, breast meat then comes out whole on the bone almost like a love heart shape. You can then pick and choose how you gunna cut the meat.. Puuuurfeeck :D

ATB

Rikki

I take cooked breasts on ferreting days and eat em like nuggets, my good lady also makes me a pigeon hot pot nice big chunky hot pot with the breasts cut into four it's really tasty.

My mate puts four whole birds in a bed of onion in a slow cooker with a drop of red wine at the

Bottom

And let's them steam

In the juices salt pepper and garlic if you wish and it's banging :)))

My two brothers do a lot of shooting and I do as much as I can't but I get all the game they are not interested in the meat just the shooting I had to get a big chest freezer last winter because my wife had no room for nothing else with the small freezer we had in the kitchen. Any wild meat is great tasting and got to be so much better for you.

the best we have found is Garlic, Coke, and red wine and leave the breasts over night. next day with mash patatos and reduce the marinade to form a gravey.

Coke?

yeah, coca-cola, its good.

makes a nice ham marinade an all.......

the best we have found is Garlic, Coke, and red wine and leave the breasts over night. next day with mash patatos and reduce the marinade to form a gravey.

Coke?

yeah, coca-cola, its good.

makes a nice ham marinade an all.......

Learn something new every day