First proper shoot on new permission

good to see a s200 doing the biz... cracking litle gun im going to miss mine for the pigeons... makes me laugh when people dis them because theres no gauge on them...just top up before you go out its not rocket science.

did you used to do a lot of roost-shooting kanny?

still do just waiting for the leafs to drop a bit.... the s200 was perfect for the hides i regret selling it but it didnt suit me in the feilds a little small ... i would have another any day just for the pigeons.

what do you mean a little small? would you say the s410 would be a better bet?

im 6ft 2" and was more use to heavier spring guns i just found the s200 didnt fit me to well and was to light when taking standing shots but was very handy in the hide and tight spaces.... ive never had a s410 but a freind does ive shoulded it and i personaly didnt like the feel of it but dont let that put you of it could suit you down to the ground everyone is diffrent... if its mostly roost shooting your going to be doing then you want to be looking at somthing short the s200 and s410 carbine would be great but theres plenty more to consider the choice is yours and what feels right for you :thumbs:

well i am 6 foot 1, so similar to you, and yeah it will be used for everything really, from roost shooting to lamping, the lot!!! what gun do you use now then?

a full length bsa super10 mines a mk1 action in a mk3 stock so fairly heavy but i like that its been a very reliable very accurate gun so far if i had the choice i would have had a straight mk3 maybe the bull barrel but beggars cant be choosers.

my mate had one and it was prone to jamming, so he got a hw100, prefered this much more, do you use 22 or 177? and how did you roost shoot the woodies? when i walk through my local wood they are gone before i can draw a bead on them!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all you lads out there who struggle to get permission, I only recently moved here to Essex and had nowhere to shoot. so just as a passing thought i decided to put a free add in the local paper for

Yeah im going to pop down the local butcher tomorrow and see if hes interested, at this rate ill run out of freezer space because i dont have a chest freezer in the new flat hahahah.   Just to empha

You just tell me where to point it love....

good to see a s200 doing the biz... cracking litle gun im going to miss mine for the pigeons... makes me laugh when people dis them because theres no gauge on them...just top up before you go out its not rocket science.

still do just waiting for the leafs to drop a bit.... the s200 was perfect for the hides i regret selling it but it didnt suit me in the feilds a little small ... i would have another any day just for the pigeons.

im 6ft 2" and was more use to heavier spring guns i just found the s200 didnt fit me to well and was to light when taking standing shots but was very handy in the hide and tight spaces.... ive never had a s410 but a freind does ive shoulded it and i personaly didnt like the feel of it but dont let that put you of it could suit you down to the ground everyone is diffrent... if its mostly roost shooting your going to be doing then you want to be looking at somthing short the s200 and s410 carbine would be great but theres plenty more to consider the choice is yours and what feels right for you :thumbs:

well i am 6 foot 1, so similar to you, and yeah it will be used for everything really, from roost shooting to lamping, the lot!!! what gun do you use now then?

a full length bsa super10 mines a mk1 action in a mk3 stock so fairly heavy but i like that its been a very reliable very accurate gun so far if i had the choice i would have had a straight mk3 maybe the bull barrel but beggars cant be choosers.

my mate had one and it was prone to jamming, so he got a hw100, prefered this much more, do you use 22 or 177? and how did you roost shoot the woodies? when i walk through my local wood they are gone before i can draw a bead on them!!!

Mine has a after market magazine its never jammed yet.... i get in the wood a good hour before dusk and get well hidden and wait for them to come in .there droppings give a good idea of what trees they favour.. keep all skin well coverd i.e face and hands and move slowly when raising your gun .. once you suss it out there fairly easy.... they make damm good eating to :thumbs: edit just to add i use a .22

Edited by kanny

Yeah im going to pop down the local butcher tomorrow and see if hes interested, at this rate ill run out of freezer space because i dont have a chest freezer in the new flat hahahah.

Just to emphases how many rabbits there are on this permission every time i went into a new field there were groups of 10-20 rabbits sat out in the field and id manage to take 1 or 2 before the rest would clear off. theres about 30 fields and im guessing that not all will be above ground at the same time so there must literally be hundreds. went out again today for 3 hours and managed a nice bag of 14. thats a total of 31 rabbits off this permission this week and theres been the same amount in the field each time ive come back so doesnt look like im even making a dent hahahah. giving me a great opportunity to really get to know this gun aswell, i was literally speechless when i pulled off a standing 40yard headshot today, for me thats bloody good hahaha.

then when i was packing up ready for home the nice 21 year old blonde manager ;) came and asked 'do you do rats? weve got a real bad rat problem aswell!' this place gets better and better! :angel:

DSC01157.jpg

Looks like you may need a little help there fella! ;-))

Nice work and nice shooting! Some lovely eating right there! It pays to keep on plugging away at getting a permission. Remember when you have made a noticeable dent int he numbers, ask the permission owner if he knows of anybody else with the same problem, word of mouth is the best recommendation!

I dont think he was an Anti.

At first I thought he was then I read some of the rest of his posts.

He seemed to be more amazed than angry, perhaps his translator was screwed. :laugh:

Hiya Jasp, good to hear from yah :thumbs:

Tony

1) Make sure the magazine is working well, had various Super 10 rifles, never ever had a problem with jamming and I have had some well used ones!

2) You get to where you saw the pigeons before they get there, wait for the little buggers to fly in then shoot them! Simples!

I dont think he was an Anti.

At first I thought he was then I read some of the rest of his posts.

He seemed to be more amazed than angry, perhaps his translator was screwed. :laugh:

Hiya Jasp, good to hear from yah :thumbs:

Tony

Nice one Phantom :thumbs:

its always good to hear from you mate, had a few weeks away as you know and still feeling the after effects of whats happend but things are looking up again :victory:

atb, Tony